Teaching Assistant Apprentice Carterhatch Junior School
This apprenticeship involves supporting children's learning and development. Including supervising and assisting individuals or small groups of pupils in activities set by teachers.
Closing date: 09 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
20 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Supervising and assisting individual or small groups of pupils in activities set by teachers
- Developing pupils’ social skills by supporting pupils in groups
- Implementing behaviour management policies in accordance with guidance provided by the school
- Provide support for pupils inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Be aware of the early signs of bullying and disruptive behaviour and intervening as necessary
- Helping to keep pupils on task by giving individual attention where necessary and helping them to become more successful learners
- Accompanying classes on school trips where necessary
- To build and maintain close and secure relationships with pupils
- To ensure that any pupils who have had an accident or feel unwell are referred to the Welfare Officer or paediatric first aider
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- An interest in working with pupils
- Ability to cope with and adapt to change
- Ability to work with other team members and to contribute imaginatively to team development
- Ability to work co-operatively and flexibly within a team
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to act and work on your own initiative
- GCSE maths and English (grade 7-4 / A-C) or equivalent
The successful candidate can go onto further training or into employment.
About the employer
Our Moral Purpose.
As a school we want to make a positive difference in our pupils’ lives. We strive to develop happy and well-rounded citizens who are able to succeed in the local community and beyond.
We believe in an inclusive and creative curriculum which develops a life-long love of learning and celebrates equality and diversity. We pride ourselves on pupils having a voice. Pupils feel listened to, valued, respected and empowered. We focus on high quality teaching and learning, which centres on providing our pupils with the skills and knowledge to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
Our values of Respect, Resilience, and Responsibility are at the heart of everything we do. They guide our daily actions and reflect what we all accept and judge as valuable in life.
Carterhatch Junior School
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805 980150 email@example.com
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Paediatric First Aid
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.