Catering and Hospitality Apprentice COLCHESTER RUGBY LIMITED
As a Sports Club and events centre we are required to supply food and drink to a range of clients which include: Players, parents, members, business clients, weddings, parties, wakes and seminars. An apprentice would work with our Catering Manager in the preparation and service of whatever the client requires from simple snacks to formal dinners.
Closing date: 07 Jun 2022
£180.38 to £356.25
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
17 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
The main responsibilities and duties of the position would be: Food production, developing relationships with customers of the Club, working well in a team, understanding the importance of the costs of production and being fully conversant with Health and Safety standards.
The core responsibilities of the position would be to maintain the sense of a family sports club working with all groups from U6 - senior members of the Club but all be able to adapt to customers from outside. An apprentice at CRFC will need to be able to field queries from all sorts of people but to remain fully aware of the lines of communication.
Our apprentice will be working in a brand new facility and embarking on an exciting new journey of the Club’s history. The main tasks will be to assist our Catering Manager in food preparation and production, maintaining high standards of health and hygiene and learning to take responsibility for specific tasks as directed by our Catering Manager.
As mentioned this is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to be on the ground floor of maintaining and expanding what we can offer the sports, business and other communities of Colchester in the way of an excellent offer of food and hospitality at this new development in the Northern Gateway complex. The apprentice will answer to our Catering Manager in the first instant - other members of the organisation they will need to liaise with are the Club’s General Manager and Executive Committee. This position is seen as essential in developing our catering offer and will lead to many opportunities including possible full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic catering skills
- IT skills would be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Must be a team worker and comfortable working with all sorts of people
- 5 GCSE’s A*-C/9-4 or equivalent qualifications including Maths and English
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments
- There is the real prospect that an apprentice can look forward to full-time employment
Things to consider
- Being prepared to work shifts and perhaps occasionally long hours depending on functions
- Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer
About the employer
As a Sports Club and events centre we are require to supply food and drink to a range of clients which include: players, parents, members, business clients, wedding receptions, parties, wakes and seminars. An apprentice would work with our Catering Manager in the preparation and service of whatever the client requires from simple snacks to formal dinners.
COLCHESTER RUGBY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206 712043 email@example.com
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Hospitality Team Member Level 2 apprenticeship standard.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.