Home Care Support Worker Apprentice LATER LIFE CARE LTD
Adult Care Workers are the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. You will report to residents homes and provide them with the care needs they require.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
£144.30 to £285.00
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
17 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Assist Residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet
- Ensure Residents are always treated with Privacy and Dignity
- Help Residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence; help in use and care of aids and personal equipment
- Help care for Residents who are at end of life
- Keep up to date with Resident’s care needs by reading Care Plans, Risk Assessments and Daily Notes
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of Residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
- Inspect, launder, resident clothing. Make and change beds; tidy rooms and do light cleaning; empty commodes
- Ensure that you maintain the Environmental Cleaning Schedule and checklist found in the Infection Control and Cleaning File
- Set tables and trays; serve meals; feed Residents who need help; adhere to SALT recommendations; prepare light meals and wash up; tidy and clear the dining room
- Read and write reports; take part in staff and Residents' meetings, Shift Handovers and in training activities as directed
- Contribute towards the development of activities and day care programmes for Residents in which they can join in, and which will enhance their quality of life
- Assist under supervision, staff with the administration of medication
- Read, understand and adhere to all company policies
- Such other duties as may be required
Requirements and prospects
- Seeing the person first
- Good timekeeper
- Wants to learn and progress
GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C or 9-4 English and maths.
If you don't have these, you must show you can work at the required level (via Initial assessments and diagnostics) and be prepared and willing to complete the Functional Skills qualifications in your own time alongside the apprenticeship. Training for this will be provided by Adult Learning. We offer a flexible delivery style suit every learners’ individual needs and requirements.
Continuous employment is possible after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Later Life Care Ltd provides domiciliary care for residents in their own home. They also provide respite care for carers. It is service that is expanding throughout North Norfolk.
LATER LIFE CARE LTD
NORFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Norfolk County Council
Anthony Winsper 01603 306611 email@example.com
Training will be provided by Adult Learning. This will include monthly visits in the workplace with the assessor and individual study time.
The successful candidate will study the Intermediate Adult Care Worker Level 2 apprenticeship course and this will include Level 2 Diploma in Care and English and maths, if required.
Later Life Care Ltd will provide in-house mentors who will assess your progress in collaboration with Adult Learning and this will include Off-the-job training.
The Apprenticeship will involve an End Point Assessment that the successful candidate will work towards and complete at the end of their apprenticeship. Support will be given by Adult Learning assessor to ensure enough preparation.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.