CNC Machinist Programmer Apprentice Lunn Engineering Co Ltd
This is an opportunity for an apprentice to learn general engineering and machining skills with a view to eventually becoming a CNC Machinist/Programmer. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
09 Sep 2022
16 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is an opportunity for an apprentice to learn general engineering and machining skills with a view to eventually becoming a CNC Machinist/Programmer.
Main duties will include:
- Bench fitting
- Health and Safety
- Set & run CNC turning & machining centres
- Daily/monthly maintenance requirements of machines
- Solving production/process problems
- Monitor CNC machines & work in progress
- In progress quality assurance, including first off inspection
- Operating & using quality/inspection equipment
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Punctual and willing to learn
- Good work ethic
- Have a can-do attitude
- Good sense of humour
- Maths, English and IT or any industry specific qualifications at grade score 4/C or above
- Opportunity to become a skilled CNC machinist
Things to consider
- Preferable driving license, although they are 4 minute walk from the bus links
- Regular link to Nuneaton, Bedworth, Coventry
About the employer
Established in 1952, Lunn Engineering Co Ltd is an ISO 9001:2015 certified precision engineering company with over 60 years’ experience in subcontract machining.
Our modern CNC milling and turning facility is situated in Atherstone, Warwickshire and has been fully equipped to enable us to offer our customers the most reliable and efficient precision CNC machining service possible.
At Lunn Engineering, we will tailor our service to meet your specific requirements and provide a highly professional and personalised service based on your needs.
THE MTC - ADVANCED MANUFACTURING TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Mtc
Emma Towers 07980758530 firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- The first twelve months of the programme will be based at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre based on Ansty Business Park
- The second ,third and Forth year you will be Shadowing an experienced CNC machinist, gaining skills and knowledge of setting, programming and machining various components on site at Lunn Engineering
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.