Production Chef Apprentice Josephine's Tea Lounges Ltd
Why not begin a career in hospitality? Josephine's Tea Room are looking to recruit an apprentice to join their elegant tea room and bistro and join their kitchen team. The successful candidate will be mentored and supported by the team to achieve the apprenticeship.
Closing date: 18 Jun 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
14 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day tasks to include:
- Preparation of sandwich fillings, baking off pies and quiches
- Making own dishes to in-house recipes
- Stock control and management
- Portioning and vac sealing of products ready for use
- Date labelling and checking
- Cleaning and Food Safety checks
- Plate prep and service using high speed ovens, microwaves, grills
- Presentation of food to company standards
- Allergy and intolerance understanding and checks
This position is paid at National Minimum Wage for age. The successful candidate will also receive a fairly allocated portion of the tips received.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Ability to use own initiative
9-3/A*-D in maths and English or equivalent at GCSE desirable but not essential.
Will lead to a full time position and a career path leading to kitchen & restaurant management for the right candidate.
About the employer
Josephine's Tea Lounges Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Production Chef level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/production-chef-v1-0
Functional Skills English and maths (Level 2 is required).
Please note that as this is an apprenticeship standard you will be required to sit an end point assessment.
Please refer to above link for more information.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.