Nursery Pre-School Assistant, Yetminster (Intermediate, Level 2) Lower Covey Montessori Nursery School
Friendly Nursery in Yetminster (rated Outstanding by Ofsted) have a great opportunity to train an Apprentice and develop their child care career. Our qualified staff welcome applications from a fun, caring and positive person to join us in our setting providing Montessori Education, Forest School and Afterschool Club.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
25 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will work alongside our experienced and qualified staff to offer:
- High quality care to children
- Follow the programme of study on their Advanced Apprenticeship
- Work with a variety of age groups
- Plan and carry out fun and stimulating activities
- Assist with the everyday running of the nursery
The baby and toddler room caters for children from birth to 3 years old. The room has been set out into specific areas of learning and development to cover the entire curriculum. The Montessori classroom caters for children from 3 years to school age. Our setting greatly focuses on the outdoors where the children enjoy spending time with our guinea pigs, Shetland ponies, lambs, calves and quails (who we watch in the incubator to see hatch).
Of note, we are also looking to recruit at our other setting, the Pear Tree Nursery, in Sherborne.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Engage fully with the children, parents and staff
- Be confident around animals
- Good communicator
- The ability to get transport to the nursery is a must
- A-C GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English Language
Things to consider
About the employer
As part of this Apprenticeship you will undertake the following:
Certificate for the Children & Young People's Workforce L2. Mandatory units within the Certificate:
- Introduction to Communication in Children & Young People's (C&YP) Settings.
- Introduction to Personal Development in C&YP Settings.
- Introduction to Equality & Inclusion in C&YP Settings.
- Assignment: C&YP Development.
- Contribute to the Support of C&YP Development.
- Assignment: Safeguarding the Welfare of C&YP.
- Contribute to C&YP's Health & Safety.
- Support C&YP's Positive Behaviour.
- Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for C&YP.
- Assignment: Understand Partnership Working Services for C&YP.
- Maintain and Support Relationships with C&YP.
Plus optional units to be chosen with your Employer and Assessor
- ICT Functional Skills L1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Technical Certificate – designed to improve your knowledge and understanding of specific topics related to your trade
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) – achieved through the tasks you do at work, NVQs are proof of your ability and practical skills
- Functional Skills: General skills that are used in every job, such as Communication and Application of Number
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities: A workbook for you to do to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as an employee, and your employer’s responsibilities towards you.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS): Provide a framework for describing the qualities and skills needed for success in learning and life. The PLTS framework has been developed and refined over a number of years in consultation with employers, parents, schools, students and the wider public.
You will attend Yeovil College one day each week. An Assessor will visit the setting to carry out observations.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Honey Morris 01935 845397 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017