Apprentice Administration Assistant SIR ROBERT GEFFERY'S SCHOOL
Sir Robert Geffery's School are looking to hire an enthusiastic and committed Office Assistant Apprentice to join their dedicated team to work within our admin team supporting them in their role of the day to day running of the school office. This vacancy is being managed by City College Plymouth.
Closing date: 25 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
15 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the experienced and passionate team at Sir Robert Geffery's school in Landrake and build a foundation for a long-lasting career in education.
Their aim is to provide an environment in which children can develop with confidence and imagination, and in which learning is a really enjoyable experience. They also seek to stimulate and inspire children, to develop an enthusiasm which they can carry with them into their secondary education. With this enthusiasm they can also develop their good citizenship within society in general.
We would like to employ an Apprentice Administration Assistant to work alongside our current office team.
The post will be a full working week during the school terms. The post will involve a range of administration tasks including:
- Public facing duties dealing with our parents enquiries
- Dealing with parent enquiries
- Welcoming and checking visitors to the school
- General administration tasks, filing, writing letters, etc.
- Processing and checking deliveries
- Data entry and management
Requirements and prospects
- Good administration skills, ability to prioritise and multi task
- Good IT skills, being confident in using email, word, excel, publisher etc.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic
- A passion for education
- Willingness to learn and develop one’s own skills and knowledge
- A friendly, flexible approach
- Open, friendly personality providing visitors with a warm welcome to the school
- An ability to keep calm under pressure
- An ability to maintain a professional manner when dealing with challenging conversations
- GCSE’s in English & maths at grade 4/C or above, or equivalent
- Suitability to work with young children (an enhanced DBS check will be performed prior to you starting the role)
There may be the potential for full time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
About the employer
We are a Primary Academy with a Christian ethos. The Academy Trustees are all Members of The Worshipful Company of Ironmongers, with a wealth of experience in education and business.
We feel that every child is unique and has many talents. At Sir Robert Geffery’s they will have the opportunity to fulfil their potential academically, socially, and morally. We are proud of our children and always offer support and celebrate achievements.
Our vision is to develop a lasting love, enthusiasm, and zest for learning. This is achieved within an exciting curriculum, which encourages the children to think critically and have the courage to question injustices. It also gives them a willingness to take the lead and look out for others.
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City College Plymouth
- The Customer Service Practitioner level 2 Apprenticeship Standard will be completed alongside this job role. This apprenticeship has a duration of 15 - 18 months with regular workplace visits from your assessor. No classroom attendance is required apart from the initial induction
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Under the direction of the CEO, you will provide routine administration and research to assist in the onboarding of new customers and the ongoing support of customers. You will ensure that all customer data is properly logged into the system and will offer practical support to help the business provide high quality solutions to small charities across the UK
- Administration of all customer accounts via digital platforms and CRM system
- 1st level customer support
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.