Apprentice Hairdresser Anna O'Rafferty
A Cut Above are looking to recruit a hardworking apprentice to support them in their busy salon. You will learn all aspects of hairdressing and support the stylists becoming an important member of the team.
Closing date: 14 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
19 Jun 2022
14 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
A Cut Above are looking to offer an exciting opportunity for an apprenticeship candidate wanting to take their first steps into a career within the hair industry. If you are passionate about pursuing a career as a hairdresser or stylist, this a fantastic opportunity to apply for!
Day to day duties will include:
- Performing reception duties such as answering telephone calls and making appointments
- Meeting and Greeting clients, making refreshments and providing hospitality
- Maintaining client records
- Selling and recommending retail products
- Cleaning the salon work areas and equipment
- Talking to clients about their requirements
Carry out hair-styling functions such as:
- Dry and style hair using brushes, combs, straightening irons and other equipment
- Shampoo, Condition, Treat Hair & Scalp
- Change Hair Colours
- Set and Dress Hair
- Style and finish Hair
- Basic Hair cutting using clippers, scissors or razors
This apprenticeship is work based learning therefore most of the time you will be working at the employers address. You will only need to attend college in Nottingham City Centre for initial assessments, enrolment and once a week on a Monday for training.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Works well as part of a team
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career in hairdressing
- A desire to be creative
A*-D/9-3 Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent desirable but not essential.
Potential opportunity for a permanent role within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
A unisex salon based in the vibrant village centre of Radcliffe on Trent. With 4 members of staff they offer a welcoming and friendly salon where each stylish brings their own individual touch.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
- Practical and Theory training at our City Centre Wheeler Gate Salon 1 day per week.
- Level 2 Hair professional standard - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/hair-professional/
- Functional Skills English and Maths (Level 1 or Level 2 is required )
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.