IT Support Engineer Apprentice RISUAL LIMITED
Risual Managed Services provides the focal point for resolution of all technical issues for Risual clients, with deployed production environments, based on Risual supported Microsoft technologies. As a Support Engineer you will be providing support for a busy police force, learning new skills on the job.
Closing date: 17 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
15 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Risual Managed Services (rMS) provides the focal point for resolution of all technical issues for Risual clients, with deployed production environments, based on Risual supported Microsoft technologies. The primary responsibility of this team is to provide excellence in support for all clients with a risual support contract. Risual IT Support Engineer Apprentices will work within the team covering the following roles during their 18 month apprenticeship:
- Service Desk Team Engineer
- Incident Engineer
This work-based experience will be supported by day release to attend theory sessions and complete Microsoft exams.
The role of a Risual IT Support Engineer Apprentice will include:
- Provide the client facing interface for all support queries into Risual
- Co-ordinate all support queries and requests
- Maintain knowledge base for all encountered issues
- Update clients on all stages of support calls, from logging, research, action plan, escalation to resolution
- Publish client facing technical information such as best practice guides, FAQ’s, etc. (excludes consulting engagement documentation)
- Provide reports and statistical analysis on issues reported and resolved for use by Risual account management teams and technical teams
- Provide a feedback loop to delivery and consulting teams
- Provide co-ordination of feedback and point of contact for customers and Risual consultants for issues arising during project deployment (NB this is a secondary responsibility and will always take second place to customers with support contracts)
- Provide point of contact and administration for risual in-house IT systems
- Working to daily targets based around support queries
- Adhoc duties as required
Requirements and prospects
- Good self-driven time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Good personal management skills relating to conduct, timekeeping and delivery against commitments
- Good punctuality skills relating to customer and non-customer engagements
- Good inter-personal skills working in, and contributing to, small and large teams both client facing and internally within Risual
- A passion for IT and keen to progress
- A desire to complete the apprenticeship in entirety
- Be highly motivated to deliver quality outcomes with the ability to remain calm under pressure
Apprentices are not required to have technical experience or accreditations but would be desired to have a minimum of 5 GSCEs including Maths and/or English Language (or the equivalent).
The opportunity to progress within Risual Managed Services and into Risual Consultancy Services.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Risual are a dedicated, UK based, globally recognised IT Services organisation delivering business aligned consultancy, solutions and services based solely on the Microsoft platform. Winners of Microsoft UK Partner of the Year 2015, they demonstrate excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology. Risual are extremely passionate about apprenticeships and have opportunities within their Application Development team. Apprentices with Risual have genuine opportunity and career prospects. We have many examples of how an apprentice has progressed.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Risual Ltd
Richard Yardy 07961 607887 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Information Communication Technician:
- Training plan to be completed to determine appropriate Microsoft qualifications
- Portfolio for End Point Assessment
- 20% off the job training via live classroom teaching
- Microsoft Learn units
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.