Business Administrator Apprenticeship FIREFLIES NURSERY LIMITED
The nursery is currently looking for a keen and enthusiastic individual that can come and join the team and assist with office administrative tasks within the nursery. There is potential for a permanent opportunity once the apprenticeship has finished.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Jun 2022
10 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil the following duties roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Nursery Manager
- Helping to administer HR records and processes
- Welcoming parents, visitors and dealing with their enquiries
- Professionally answering the phone, taking messages and passing them to the relevant person
- Using IT systems to draft letters, emails, reports, newsletters, maintain records
- Keeping paper and electronic records up to date
- Providing clerical support including word-processing, maintaining databases, inputting data, reproduction, filing, writing reports and letters
- Being aware of the Data Protection Act, duties of confidentiality and other legislation to ensure confidentiality of records and information is maintained
- To undertake a development programme leading to a National Vocational Qualification as part of an apprenticeship
- To actively participate in their own development plan which will be agreed with the line manager and their assessor from the training provide
Requirements and prospects
- Some knowledge and experience preferred of working with children (training will be provided)
- Great communication skills
- Creativity and imagination
- To be understanding and able to give encouragement
- To provide an understanding of children's physical, social, intellectual and emotional development
- The ability to work in a team
- A warm, caring, friendly and patient nature
- A sense of responsibility
- A consistent and fair approach
- A sense of humour
- Sense of fun
- Level 2 Early Years Childcare qualification preferred/anyone looking to progress to Level 3
- Maths and English (A-C/8-4 above or equivalent)
Potential opportunity for the role to become permanent once apprenticeship has been completed.
Things to consider
Travel - Only apply if you are able to travel to and back from work.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Fireflies Nursery is a day nursery that has been open since January 2017.
They're located in Smethwick and cater for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
They also offer places for all 2, 3 and 4-year-olds who are eligible for 15 and 30 hours of free funded childcare.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Kiran Kaur 07456613323 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Administrator level 3
- IT - Skilled in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to: write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes, record and analyse data. Examples include MS Office or equivalent packages. Able to choose the most appropriate IT solution to suit the business problem. Able to update and review databases, record information and produce data analysis where required
- Record and document production - Produces accurate records and documents including: emails, letters, files, payments, reports and proposals. Makes recommendations for improvements and present solutions to management. Drafts correspondence, writes reports and able to review others' work. Maintains records and files, handles confidential information in compliance with the organisation's procedures. Coaches others in the processes required to complete these tasks
- Decision making - Exercises proactivity and good judgement. Makes effective decisions based on sound reasoning and is able to deal with challenges in a mature way. Seeks advice of more experienced team members when appropriate
- Interpersonal skills - Builds and maintains positive relationships within their own team and across the organisation. Demonstrates ability to influence and challenge appropriately. Becomes a role model to peers and team members, developing coaching skills as they gain area knowledge
- Communication - Demonstrates good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms. Uses the most appropriate channels to communicate effectively. Demonstrates agility and confidence in communications, carrying authority appropriately. Understands and applies social media solutions appropriately. Answers questions from inside and outside of the organisation, representing the organisation or department
- Quality - Completes tasks to a high standard. Demonstrates the necessary level of expertise required to complete tasks and applies themself to continuously improve their work. Is able to review processes autonomously and make suggestions for improvements. Shares administrative best-practice across the organisation e.g. coaches others to perform tasks correctly
- Applies problem solving skills to resolve challenging or complex complaints and is a key point of contact for addressing issues
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.