Receptionist Apprentice Long Clawson Medical Practice
Receive, assist and direct patients and visitors in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way, without breaching any confidentiality guidelines. Provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image.
Closing date: 21 Jan 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
07 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures
- To work in accordance of written protocols
- Pulling/filing notes for surgeries and update as necessary
- Filing post in medical records
- Fax and photocopy as requested
- Scanning medical records into patients records and sending tasks to GPs
- Receiving patients consulting with members of Practice team and allocate them to the appropriate clinical list
- Be able to cover all Reception positions as necessary
- Process appointment requests for future appointments from patients by telephone and in person
- Deal with visit requests
- Registrations of new patients - computer data entry and medical records
- Process patients change of address - computer data and medical records (have knowledge of Practice area)
- Process repeat prescription request in accordance with Practice guidelines
- Answer all telephone calls coming into Reception in a courteous manner and forward the telephone call to the appropriate department
- Clear rooms after surgeries
- Ensure building security - have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarm
- Make refreshments for doctors
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of using own initiative
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear, polite telephone manner
- Communicate effectively with other team members - Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize people's needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
A*-D/9-3 GCSE in maths and English (or equivalent e.g. Functional Skills L1).
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Long Clawson medical practice is conveniently located in the centre of Long Clawson Village.
They are friendly and dedicated to meeting the different needs of their patients, providing healthcare to the surrounding community.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Customer Service Practitioner Standard Level 2 - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/customer-service-practitioner-v1-1
- Functional Skills level 1/2
- Please click on the link above for more information regarding
- End Point Assessment
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.