Apprentice Accountant Seymour Taylor
As a well-established, expanding, forward-thinking firm we are looking for an Account’s Apprentice to join our team. No previous accounting experience is necessary as full on-the-job training will be provided along with a full study package. The role is a varied accounts and audit role, working for external clients and within the Hampden Group.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2022
08 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The ideal candidate has A-levels or similar and has obtained a grade 5/B or higher in both maths and English language GCSEs, or equivalents. No previous accounting experience is necessary as full on-the-job training will be provided along with a full study package. The role is a varied account and audit role, working for external clients and within the Hampden Group. This would involve working at the client's premises and the candidate would ideally have their own car and a valid driving licence. We are looking for someone who is a good team player, with experience in general office computer packages, such as Word and Excel, as well as good verbal and written communication skills. The Seymour Taylor recruitment process will be conducted based on merit and ability without discrimination of but not limited to race, religion, colour, gender, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status to ensure all applicants are treated equally.
Daily tasks include:
- Accountancy reconciliations including bank, debtors, and creditors
- Understanding double-entry journals
- Audit fieldwork
- Preparing tax computations
- Fixed asset registers and calculating depreciation
- Use of Microsoft Excel worksheets.
- Supporting job managers with tasks delegated on assignments
- Contact with clients by telephone/email and in person.
- Preparation of information and reports for internal and external use
- Working as part of a flexible team
- Filing, scanning, photocopying, and archiving
- Updating spreadsheets and standard letters as directed
- Taking telephone messages
- Assisting accountants with administration duties for major projects
- Ensure that good practice, customer care, and health and safety are fully blended into day-to-day activities
Requirements and prospects
- Good team player
- Experience of general office computer packages, such as Word and Excel
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and proactive
- Willing to learn and dedicated to a career in practice
- The ideal candidate have A-levels or similar and have obtained a grade 5/B or higher in both maths and English language GCSEs, or equivalents
- Progression with the company
Things to consider
- No previous accounting experience is necessary as full on-the-job training will be provided along with a full study package
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Seymour Taylor is an award-winning firm of Accountants operating as part of the Hampden Group. We offer the services of a large corporate accountancy firm with the personal touch normally associated with a smaller accountancy practice. As one of the longest established firms of accountants in High Wycombe and the Thames Valley, our highly experienced team of accountants, tax, and business advisers offer a wealth of expertise to our clients.
First Intuition Reading Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by First Intuition Reading Ltd
Hannah Smith Gama 01494 552115 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Study package to complete either AAT/ACA/ACCA
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.