Apprentice CNC Machinist Hucknall Sheet Metal Engineering Ltd
We are looking for self-driven, quality focused individuals for the role of Apprentice Machinists. Training will be given internally and externally with regards to running milling, turning, and lapping machines. You will also get to learn laser and waterjet cutting machines.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
09 Jun 2022
07 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Understand and comply with Health & Safety standards
- Machine cleanliness and maintenance checks
- Machine setting and operating
- Producing components in an efficient manner
- Use of measuring equipment in accordance with drawing tolerances
- Ensuring quality standards at all times
- Working together in a team environment
- Business improvement
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
GCSE Grades A*-C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9-4.
This company is committed to offering a long term opportunity for the right candidate and further training relevant to the role along the way.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance and taken through an initial screening process
- Applicants must undertake all West Notts College assessments before being eligible for presentation to employers
- From 1st April 2021 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training or on off the job training activity. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Training to be provided will include the standard, the level, the delivery method and an explanation of how OneFile is used as part of their journey
About the employer
HSM is an established & growing family run Fabrication & Machining business serving sectors such as Aerospace, Commercial, Oil & Gas, Nuclear and many others. We are ideally situated close to J26, M1 & the Tram station at Cinderhill, Nottingham. With a focus on investing in people & the latest technology, we are looking for new team members to join our business. If you are an enthusiastic individual with a desire to make engineered components with the latest technology, then this role may suit you.
Hucknall Sheet Metal Engineering Ltd
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627191 Lee.Speed@wnc.ac.uk
Full Engineering Technician level 3 apprenticeship including functional skills in maths and English if required.
You will be assigned to an assessor who will visit you in the workplace on a regular basis to work with you on the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours within your role.
This apprenticeship programme has a day release element where you will attend Oddicroft Lane on a weekly basis for structured learning.
After a pre-determined period of learning, you and your employer will agree with your training provider that you have completed all required learning and are ready to enter 'Gateway'.
Gateway is the period of your apprenticeship where you prepare for and await your End Point Assessment which is completed by an external organisation. It is your End Point Agreement that determines your final apprenticeship grade.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.