Hairdressing Apprenticeship Michelle Bennett
Carpe Diém Unisex Hair Studio are looking for a hairdressing Apprentice to join their friendly hairdressing team in Torbay. Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Jul 2022
06 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Meeting clients
- Answering the phone
- Making bookings
- Helping colleagues with clients
- Cleaning and making refreshments
- As you progress you will become involved in styling, colouring and cutting hair
You will receive a full induction in the salon with ongoing support throughout your Apprenticeship. This salon has a fully Qualified Assessor based in the Salon so you will have the opportunity to excel in your qualification with the extra support from this member of staff.
You will be assisting stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase
By assisting the Salon Manger and the stylists, you will gain the necessary knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career.
You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Being able to work with a wide range of people
- Being able to work as part of a team
- You will need to be organised and efficient
- Problem-solving skills
- An awareness of health and safety issues
- Good practical skills
- Good customer service skills
- Bubbly outgoing personality
- Kind and polite
- Hard working
- Enjoy helping others
- Keen to want to learn and improve skills
- Work well under pressure
- Being able to make conversation with clients in a professional manner
- Strong work ethic
- A good sense of humour
- You will need to be punctual and good with time
A good level of maths and English would be desirable.
After completing an Apprenticeship, you may have the chance to progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing or Barbering. There may be the chance for full-time employment for the right person.
About the employer
Independent business based in Torbay, offering a wide range of services.
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Alberto Pitocco 01392 437373 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
- Level 2 Hair Professional (Hairdressing / Barbering)
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing / Barbering)
- Functional Skills in maths and English
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.