Apprentice Account Manager The Delivery Group Ltd
To support the Business Management (Sales) team through proactive management of individual accounts to ensure that account profitability and client satisfaction is maximised.
Closing date: 27 May 2022
£18,000.00 - £22,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
07 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Proactively manage designated accounts in support of the Business Managers, ensuring client requirements are fully understood and translated into measurable and effective briefs
- Proactively take responsibility of all client requirements and enquiries
- To oversee and monitor individual client accounts, ensuring they run smoothly and that all problems are dealt with effectively
- To communicate with designated accounts on a regular basis, liaising with the business manager when appropriate
- To deal with any customer complaints in a timely fashion, ensuring a satisfactory resolution
- To liaise with internal contacts and suppliers ensuring that all client projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner
- To identify new business and up-selling opportunities
- To support other members of the team when as and when required
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate – a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work on own initiative with a desire to succeed / lateral thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Relevant experience in an account management role
- Experience/awareness of mailing house operations
- Awareness/knowledge of the mailing industry
- Ability to prioritise under pressure
- Flexible attitude and approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Educated to A level or equivalent
You will be supported with progression on completion of your apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Phone use will be a big part of this role.
About the employer
Here at The Delivery Group we specialise in mail distribution services. We operate a national and international network of e-commerce and specialist mail services.
Whether you are a large corporate or an SME finding your feet in the world of logistics, The Delivery Group offer flexible, tailored solutions that can adapt to your business needs. Our continued investment into technology and automation enables us to offer exceptional value and leading customer service.
- Sustainable solutions
- Exceptional market value
- Leading customer service standards
We deliver over a billion items a year. Each of our customers work with a dedicated account manager.
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Elaine Baillie 07920181729 email@example.com
SGS has elected to deliver the on-programme learning using the Level 3 Diploma for the Business Administrator.
The standard is assessed by a range of methods to meet all the knowledge, skills and behaviours. Evidence will be collated within a portfolio of evidence. To achieve the full Level 3, all units of the Diploma must be passed, meeting the assessment criteria. College attendance for the delivery of the Diploma is mandatory for all apprentices.
Units-Level 3 Diploma for the Business Administrator.
- Principles of business administration
- Personal and professional development
- Managing performance
- Your organisation
- Communication in a business environment
- Project management
- ICT for business
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.