Manufacturing Apprentices ARCHITECTURAL GLASS AND ALUMINIUM LIMITEDctural Glass and Aluminium. ARGLA ltd
ARGLA are a vibrant manufacturing firm, looking to recruit two manufacturing apprentices to their team. The positions will involve fabrication of windows, curtain walling and doors. The successful candidates will liaise with the Team Leader, Factory Floor Supervisor and Designers, to create top class products for the customer.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2022
06 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The two apprenticeship roles will include:
- Work on a double head Saw
- Assemble windows and curtain walling frames, and doors
- Liaise with Supervisor and Designers to ensure that everything is correct
- Ensure that your workplace is clean and does not obstruct others
- Secure windows, doors and curtain walling on stillage when it is ready for loading
- Occasionally undertake site work to fit in the windows or fix any errors
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Hard working
- Team player
- GCSE's (or equivalent) grade 9-4 / A*-C including maths and English would be advantageous
- Possibility of permanent employment and going on to complete further qualifications
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are changing the industry; we question traditional methods and challenge the possibilities within architectural aluminium and glazing. With over 100 years combined experience in design alone, we are confident in the standard of work produced from every avenue of the company. We are in the business to provide the best service, the best product, with zero defects.
We aim to provide people with opportunity – young or old. As a company, we are programmed towards growing and developing our own people. We like to offer career opportunities instilling confidence in people and giving them the chance to develop themselves professionally.
From the design office to the factory floor each employee is fully aware that our aim is to finish the contract to a very high standard so that the finished job looks ‘as it should’ to the professional eye.
As we are a relatively young company, without doubt, our long-term aim is to build a successful brand that stays grounded. We know where we come from, the surrounding North East is part of our heritage. An arrogance will never creep into our ways. We will always look at a project with a critical eye and improve from there.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.