Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician WESTON ACCIDENT REPAIR CENTRE LIMITED
Are you wanting to start your career in the automotive industry? S&B are recruiting on behalf of ARC who are looking to recruit a damage paint technician. You will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to start their career.
Closing date: 17 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Jun 2022
06 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We currently have an opening for an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician to work on a wide variety of vehicles, making no day the same. The role is demanding as the successful applicant will be working on a range of vehicles while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard.
Once the body repair technicians have worked on repairing the vehicle, it will then be your job to follow defined processes to restore the vehicle to a high-quality paint finish. Modern paints preparation and refinishing techniques are becoming increasingly complex, and it is essential that today's paint technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at and superb future career prospects. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Tasks the successful candidate can be expected to carry out:
- Repair of minor scratches and dents
- Preparation of new and repaired panels for refinishing
- Preparing vehicle surfaces for masking and priming
- Paint refinishing techniques paint detailing
- Paint detailing and buffing
- Polishing the paintwork of the panel to a suitable finish
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Problem solver and have attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- Be safety conscious
- Good time keeping and willing to learn
- Team player/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
- Be patient & well organised
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent)
- Predicated grades are accepted but any offer will be provisional until proof of results is provided
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company as we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to all our employees
Things to consider
- The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications
- Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
- Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Our company has been established as a specialist Accident Repair Group for over 20 years. We have built our success on an unrivalled commitment to quality and customer service. Our objective is to deliver a high quality, comprehensive and professional customer focused service.
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Luke Morison 07398 092218 email@example.com
S&B Automotive Academy is a Specialist Automotive Apprenticeship Training Provider located in Bedminster, Bristol. S&B works in partnership with ARC to deliver the apprenticeship, that concludes an end point assessment.
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
The apprentice will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.