Apprentice Vehicle Damage Panel Technician BRISTOL ACCIDENT REPAIR CENTRE LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to start their career within the automotive industry as an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Panel Technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 23 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
24 May 2022
06 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled team that is committed to quality. You will train to become a qualified Vehicle Damage Panel Technician; the successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects
You will receive training and support throughout your qualification and will learn how to repair, and sometimes replace, damaged bodywork using specialist techniques with traditional tools and the latest equipment.
Duties to include:
- Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
- Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
- Removing damaged panels
- Refitting new/repaired panels
- Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
- Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
- Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
- Liaising with the customer or insurance company
- Providing quotations and estimations
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Problem solving
- Have good attention to detail
- Good practical skills
- Be safety conscious
- Good time keeping
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Willing to learn
- Team player/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Proactive approach in maintaining customer standards
- Be patient and well organised
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- GCSEs, Functional Skills or Key Skills at grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent)
- Predicated grades are accepted but any offer will be provisional until proof of results is provided
- Work experience/prior knowledge is beneficial but not essential
This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company as we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to all our employees.
Things to consider
- The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications
- Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
- Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Our company has been established as a specialist Accident Repair Group for over 20 years. We have built our success on an unrivalled commitment to quality and customer service. Our objective is to deliver a high quality, comprehensive and professional customer focused service.
BRISTOL ACCIDENT REPAIR CENTRE LIMITED
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Luke Morison 07398 092218 email@example.com
The apprentice will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if a GCSE grade 4/C or equivalent has not already been achieved)
S&B Automotive Academy is a specialist automotive apprenticeship training provider located in Bedminster, Bristol. S&B works in partnership with Bristol Accident Repair Centre to deliver the Body/Panel apprenticeship training programme over a 3-year period that concludes in an end point assessment.
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.