Early Years Apprentice TOP TOTS DAY NURSERY FORT PURBROOK LIMITED
The role will be working with children 0-5 years old and learning about child development in early years indoors and outdoors. Keeping children safe from harm and learning skills to identify and raise any concerns if required. Provide fun activities as part of a team to meet the needs of all children in partnership with parents.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
31 May 2022
06 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To gain experience in working with children 0-5 years old and learn about child development in the early years both indoors and outdoors.
- To be able to keep children safe from harm and learn skills to identify and raise any concerns if required.
- To work in part of a team to provide fun activities to meet the needs of all children.
- Work in partnership with parents to share learning goals achieved and daily updates at nursery.
- Roles and responsibilities include, being reliable and confident to work as part of a team.
- To maintain a safe environment and communicate with children in an age-appropriate manner.
- To monitor children’s progress as a whole team.
- To support qualified staff in carrying out daily jobs such as setting up activities and some light cleaning duties.
- To be able to follow the settings policies and procedures.
- To always maintain confidentiality within the setting.
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work as part of a a team
- Good communication
- Keen to learn.
- Caring and helpful nature
For this standard A*-C in maths and English or equivalent is desirable, however all applicants will be considered on merit subject to initial assessment against the requirements of the standard.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel essential.
Willingness to learn is key.
After 12 months pay would increase to national minimum wage and after successful completion of apprenticeship, this could lead to a permanent full-time role with pay increase of 75%.
About the employer
We have been caring for children aged from 0-5 years, across Portsmouth for 16 years.
We have strived to ensure we maintained an OUTSTANDING grading from Ofsted for over 10 years, to allow children to experience a excellent start to their early years and prepare for school readiness.
We have opened 4 nurseries across the city and offer excellent training opportunities for all in our team.
HAVANT AND SOUTH DOWNS COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South Downs College
Liz Langley +442393879999 email@example.com
As an Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to study the following through this Apprenticeship:
- Apprenticeship in Early Years Educator Level 3
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- End Point Assessment
- English, Maths and ICT if required
At Havant & South Downs College we offer different methods of delivery either work based or day release. This will be discussed with you upon appointment.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.