Vehicle Damage Assessor Apprentice GEMINI ACCIDENT REPAIR CENTRES LIMITED
Are you customer focussed? Would you like a career in the automotive industry as an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Assessor? Gemini are looking for a keen and motivated individual with good customer service and communication skills. The role will include working within a busy body shop where repairs are taken place to BS10125 approved standards.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2022
£192.40 to £380.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Jun 2022
02 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment. Gemini has devised a high-level bespoke Vehicle Damage Assessor role; it is designed to cover all aspects of customer facing competences and incorporates the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship.
The successful candidate will gain an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of vehicle repair processes, parts knowledge, and procurement, they will engage with various customers, including vehicle owners, insurance companies, suppliers, internal Gemini customers, and cover the key skills of assessing vehicle damage using specialist software and manufacturers methods.
What will I be doing? The programme covers the technical and practical needs for today's motor vehicle customer service industry which includes Vehicle Damage Assessors.
You will cover:
- Be the first and last point of contact with the customers
- Take customer bookings and scheduling repairs
- Communicate the customers work and faults to the vehicle technicians
- Assess vehicle damage
- Order, check and book on parts
- Liaise with customers throughout the repairs
- Build excellent rapports and client relationships with customers, work providers and other members of internal staff
- Handle customer complaints and objections
- Advice and guidance for vehicle care
- Collate information for CSI Process invoices
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- A passion or interest for the automotive industry
- An enthusiasm to learn with an interest to development and career progression
- An honest, transparent, reliable, and mature attitude
- Keen to become an excellent team player and develop adaptability
- Either holds a current clean driving licence or aspires to achieve a driving licence
4 GCSEs at A*-D/9 to 3 including maths and English Language (or equivalent).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
About the employer
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Over a two-year period, they will gain a nationally recognised qualification Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner (ST0072/AP02) and become a Vehicle Damage Assessor.
A dedicated pathway containing specialist training will run alongside the Standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level.
As a Vehicle Damage Assessor, you will have direct contact with customers, initially booking them in for work to their vehicles and then informing them of any additional repairs required.
Automotive Customer Service Practitioner with a VDA pathway- Level 2 Standard.
You will need GCSEs at grades 9-3/A*-D, including English Language and maths, one of English Language or maths must be grade 9-4/A*-C.
Functional Skills Level 1 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 3/D and Functional Skills Level 2 can be used as equivalent to GCSE grade 4/C or above.
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment. Regular review and welfare visits from appointed assessors who will observe all evidence opportunities that occur naturally in the workplace.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.