Manufacturing Apprentice - Lean Manufacturing Pathway William King Ltd
The Manufacturing Apprentice will be required to report to the quality engineers or quality manager and assist with various duties such as dealing with reject items, customer complaints and preparing equipment.
Closing date: 15 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
02 Sep 2022
01 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The manufacturing apprentice will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Reviewing internal reject items to determine causes of rejection, potential for rework and corrective actions
- Support with data collection activities related to APQP/PPAP documentation creation
- Support with activities related to customer complaints including investigations and evidence gathering
- Assisting in the development of quality systems related to procedures and processes
- Assist with preparing equipment ready for calibration
- Assisting with taking and reviewing internal audits and reporting the results
Requirements and prospects
- Problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Good communication
- Time management
- Ability to recall facts and data
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Capable of working in teams as well as independently
- Willing to learn and commit to this apprenticeship
- Willing to face challenges
- GCSE grades 9-4 (A*-C) in English and maths or equivalent
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the successful candidate will become a member of the QA team with a view to becoming a competent Quality Engineer.
Things to consider
Please ensure you can travel to college in Aldridge, WS9 8UG, as you will be required to attend there on a full-time basis for the first 12-months.
About the employer
William King is a leading independent metals service centre. Together with Mi-King Ltd and Mi-King sro, we are industry leaders in the supply of steel strip mill and aluminium products. Our range of materials includes Mild Steel, Stainless Steel Tinplate, ECCS, Blackplate, Pre-painted steel and Aluminium.
From our base in West Bromwich in the heart of the UK, we buy and sell steel and other metal products on a global basis and have established long term supply partnerships in all the major metal consuming sectors, including the automotive, consumer durable, packaging and construction industries.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher 01922 457686
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard
This apprenticeship will be delivered via virtual classroom sessions over a period of 12-months, including distance learning materials, as well as regular visits by your assessor at the company site.
'Off the Job Training' subjects include:
- Health & Safety within a Manufacturing Environment
- Communicating and Working effectively within a Manufacturing Environment
- Working Relationships and Individual Rights & Responsibilities within a Manufacturing Environment
- Application of Workplace Organisation and Work-Related Problem-Solving Techniques
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.