Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Kids R Us
To work as a key person and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the manager. To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 May 2022
02 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance
- To help to set up for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session
- To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- To advise the Manager of any concerns, e.g. health and well-being of children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To take action to support the setting to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating at the next inspection
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures
- To support mealtimes within the setting
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervision meetings and appraisal meetings
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for personal development
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s policies and procedures [optional: including those relating to confidentiality, equality and diversity, health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting, safeguarding, setting hygiene and whistleblowing. This is not an exhaustive list of the setting’s procedures]
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly
- To promote the setting to current parents and potential customers
- To comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager. The post holder is also expected to be flexible and adaptable in their approach to fulfilling their duties.
Requirements and prospects
- Passion for working with children
- Strong work ethic
- Good time keeping and reliable
- Willingness to learn on the job
- Ability to use initiative and follow instructions
- Confident personality with good people skills
- Willingness to learn and undertake further training
- Working towards Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment to obtaining a level 5/6qualification
- Previous experience of working with young children
- Some knowledge of child development from birth to five years
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of play-based approaches to children’s learning and development
- A commitment to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- A commitment to working effectively with young children and families
- A friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships
- GCSE in maths and English
- Willing to work towards Level 3 early years educator qualification, and a commitment to obtaining a level 4/5 qualification
- Current First Aid at Work qualification
Possibility of gaining a full-time working contract upon successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
About the employer
Kids R Us is a family owned and run children's nursery in Leytonstone near Green man roundabout. We were established in 2009 and have been providing high quality childcare since. At Kids R Us we have a fantastic team of Early Years Educators, some of which have been with us since we first opened our doors!
Kids R Us is located in an extremely spacious church hall, which is split in to three age groups, pre-school, toddlers and babies. This gives us space for 50 children with plenty of space to explore and thrive.
Kids R Us has a fantastic natural outdoor area encouraging the children to develop upon their exploratory skills. Exploration of nature is encouraged by the practitioners and is facilitated by the trees and environment around Kids R Us. We also have a sensory room with equipment to help children explore all of their senses and complements the outdoor area greatly.
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Steph Jones email@example.com
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for The Early Years Workforce:
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
This qualification is structured around the following four themes:
- Health and well-being
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.