Teaching Assistant Apprentice Grace College
Grace College are looking to recruit an apprentice to help assist in their in-house alternative provision centre.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Jun 2022
02 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsible to the Internal Alternative Provision Pastoral Lead for:
Supporting in The Lion Centre (On-site AP), with an emphasis on:
- Monitoring and supporting students in The Lion Centre in completing appropriate work that allows access to a broad curriculum
- Collating and developing meaningful resources to allow students to make rapid progress in lessons and when supported in smaller group settings
- Tutoring all students appropriately so they can make academic progress across a range of subjects
Working with external agencies to support SEND and Vulnerable Students, with an emphasis on:
- Contributing to the collation of reports and referrals for multi-agency meetings
- Contributing to implementing actions raised as meeting outcomes
- Liaising with parents/carers and external agencies on a regular basis
Contributing to the running of The Lion Centre, with an emphasis on:
- Planning and carrying out targeted intervention to enable students to be reintegrated back into mainstream lessons wherever possible
- Monitoring student attendance, conduct and learning, and managing rewards and sanctions
- Supporting conversations with students to consider their welfare
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Effective use of ICT to support learning
- Work as part of a team
Maths and English GCSE grades 4 - 9 / A - C (or the equivalent).
Possibilty of full time employment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Grace College is an 11-19 secondary school serving nearly 1200 students in central Gateshead. The school is committed to creating an outstanding learning community where students excel in their academic, cultural, co-curricular and personal lives.
The College joined the Emmanuel Schools Foundation (ESF) in April 2019 as the fifth school providing a holistic education focused on developing character in and beyond the classroom. In joining ESF the school has aligned itself with the mission of the Foundation to: provide the environment for students and staff to have an opportunity to work hard to achieve their personal best; encourage personal, moral and spiritual development within a Christian framework; and create and sustain educational environments where everyone is equally valued.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gateshead College
Emily Jefferson email@example.com
You will work towards the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard with Gateshead College.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.