Teaching Assistant Apprentice Ellison Primary Academy
An exciting apprenticeship opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to work at Ellison Primary Academy. We are seeking to recruit an individual with a good understanding of areas of learning e.g. literacy, numeracy, science, SEN or Early Years.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
01 Dec 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- We are seeking to recruit an individual with a good understanding of areas of learning e.g. literacy, numeracy, science, SEN or Early Years
- You will be responsible for working under the direct instruction of teaching staff, usually in the classroom
- Provide specific support to the teacher in the care of pupils in year 3 and management of the classroom
- Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area
- Could be a possibility of a permanent position for the right person on completion of the apprenticeship programme
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Customer focused
- Good understanding and ability to use relevant equipment/technology
- Keyboard/computer skills
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team
- Ability to relate well to children and to adults
- Organising and prioritising skills
- Friendly yet professional approach
- Open, honest and an active listener
- Takes responsibility and accountability
- Can do attitude
- GCSE grades A*-C/9-4 to include maths and English (or equivalent)
- Completion of the apprenticeship could lead to a permanent position for the right candidate
Things to consider
The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS clearance.
About the employer
We place great emphasis on children enjoying their learning experience, as well as reaching their highest possible standard of achievement.
We are a busy but friendly academy, with lots going on.
Ellison Primary Academy offers a warm welcome to you and your child.
We place great emphasis on children enjoying their learning experience, as well as reaching the highest possible standard of achievement. It’s not just about remembering dates and facts, it’s also about igniting an interest in learning that will last a lifetime!
This would not be possible without our wonderful teaching and support staff. They are dedicated to making sure that your child enjoys their time here and reaches their potential.
I am very proud indeed that our academy is a highly supportive and caring environment, where children feel safe to make mistakes, learn from those mistakes and work independently using their initiative.
Another important part of our academy, and your child’s learning journey…is you, the parent!
We champion the link between the academy and parents and work very hard to involve you in every step of your child’s time here, thus further increasing your child’s enjoyment of learning. We hope that you will contact us and visit our amazing academy. I am confident you will find this a welcoming and supportive academy, with staff that listen, consult and actively encourage your involvement. I know that you will be impressed by the quality of education and care we can offer your child.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newcastle-under-Lyme College & Stafford College
01782 254287 email@example.com
- Level 3 Certificate for Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- Functional Skills Level 1 ICT
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.