AP Coaching Apprentice (Sunderland) AP Coaching
The opportunity to work alongside experienced coaches to gain knowledge, experience and training in the planning, delivery and assessment of PE lessons in a Nursery / primary school environment. Gaining the necessary skills and experience to allow independent delivery of PE and extra- curricular sports activities.
Closing date: 19 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 20.00
Possible start date
10 Jul 2022
01 Dec 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Working alongside experienced coaches to support the delivery of specialist PE sessions within a primary / nursery school setting
- Contributing to the delivery of extra-curricular activities including breakfast, lunch and after school clubs
- Working with experienced staff to deliver sporting activity/training sessions, within holiday camps
- Completion of training to allow sessions to be delivered independently
- Work within a local grassroots football club, delivering fitness and training sessions
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication / organisational skills
- A strong background and interest in sports
- Preferably experience of working in a primary school setting
- Good communication skills
- Hard working
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Genuine interest in a career working with children and sport
- English and maths L2, GCSE Grade A-C/4-9 (or equivalent) preferable in addition to a Level 1 in any sport qualification.
- If you do not possess any Sport qualifications already, you will eventually be expected to work towards this (in your own time). Successful completion of such a qualification may result in an offer of permanent employment
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship may lead to permanent employment with us as a Sport Coach
- Wages may increase dependant on the candidate’s performance during the apprenticeship
Things to consider
- Successful applicants will be required to have a clear Enhanced DBS certificate in order to work in school settings and with young children
- Travel will be required therefore own transport is essential
- Evening work within a grassroots football club may be required. This could be up to 7:30pm. Also, there is a future possibility of weekend work (including early mornings) for grassroots sports
About the employer
We offer advice and encouragement to help children gain a good fitness level and confidence in their chosen sport or sports. In addition, we also run football camps, themed birthday parties, one-to-one sessions and PPA cover in schools.
We are currently a 5-strong team of coaches with a range of experience in a variety of sports. We mainly cover the Sunderland area; however, we often provide services further afield.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Sunderland College
- Community Activator Coach Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.