Business Support Apprentice DSV Road Ltd
Are you looking to earn whilst you learn? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company committed to providing quality, innovative value and logistics services. If you would enjoy daily customer interaction, are organised and can multi-task, then we would like to hear from you.
Closing date: 06 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Jun 2022
30 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Main purpose of the job:
To meet customer requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
- Timely and effective communication with customers, partners and internal departments via email and telephone
- Updating/Verifying the DSV Order Management system with customer booking details
- Liaise with operations and overseas offices to ensure customer commitments are delivered upon
- Effective monitoring to ensure deliveries are completed within the agreed timelines
- Ensure that all delivery and collection assignments are conforming to correct information
- Pro-active problem solving with customers and colleagues when issues arise
- Ensure consignments are rated correctly in order to invoice in an accurate and timely manner
- Provision of PODs to meet customer requirements where necessary
- Provide KPI and reports both externally and internally where necessary
- Resolve credit management queries where necessary
- General day to day administrative duties
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good IT skills
- Tenacious and ability to see things through
- Good at multi-tasking
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Polite and friendly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to use initiative
- Team player
- Confidence to challenge the status quo to help maintain quality and operating standard
- Must have good levels of maths and English to a GCSE level or equivalents
- Must meet initial assessments conducted by the training provider
- On completion of the apprenticeship, successful candidates can expect a role in a successful, dynamic company
- You will be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues. A competitive salary, great future career prospects for advancement and a professional working environment
Things to consider
Apprentice Employment Agency is acting as an Apprentice Training Agency (ATA) and will engage you for the duration of the Apprenticeship and pay your salary. You should be aware that the company/business named in this vacancy is a host employer and you will not be employed by them. Your placement may change during the course of your Apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once you have applied for this vacancy, you will be contacted to arrange a 5-minute pre-screen telephone call. Please ensure you check your phone/emails regularly in order for this to take place. Failure to contact us back if correspondence is missed will result in your application being deemed unsuccessful.
Please ensure you check your application for spelling / grammar errors and correct them prior to submitting as attention to detail is very important and may affect the outcome of your application.
Your application may be shared with training providers and employers as follows: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/privacy
About the employer
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 45,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer services and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
NICHOLAS ASSOCIATES GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nicholas Associates
Georgia Marlow 07540 716 312 email@example.com
Our chosen training provider will deliver this apprenticeship in the workplace. You will have a dedicated assessor who will provide guidance and monitor progress throughout. You will have access to an online portfolio to allow you to monitor your progress and log work completed.
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Customer Service Practitioner standard
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (unless exempt)
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.