AAT Accounts Apprentice B M HOWARTH LIMITED
Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a Level 3 apprenticeship with B M Howarth and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience whilst working towards the AAT Level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
£180.38 to £356.25
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Jun 2022
26 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
To undertake a range of basic accounting, taxation and administrative duties which include:
• Preparing accounts.
• Assisting with the completion of tax returns.
• Assisting with company secretarial duties.
• Entering data onto Excel spreadsheets.
• Dealing with VAT and PAYE issues.
• Filing – electronic and manual.
• Typing and other general office duties
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Accurate and thorough approach
- Good organisational and problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Excel & Word
- Attention to Detail
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Well mannered
- Pro-active and well-organised
- Smart and reliable
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades 5 or higher. Must include English and Maths.
- A Levels or equivalent
- Excellent opportunities for progression and development are offered.
- Progression through to Higher Level Apprenticeship in Accounts (AAT Level 4) is supported through continuing day release studies.
- Successful staff are encouraged and supported to progress towards further professional qualifications (usually ACA or ACCA) in order to maximise their potential. These highly regarded and globally recognised qualifications open up endless opportunities to those with the motivation and drive to succeed.
Things to consider
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free on site park
About the employer
BM Howarth Ltd is a firm of Chartered Accountants based in Halifax, West Yorkshire, offering accounts, taxation and business advisory and support services to a wide range of businesses and individuals. We provide a cost-effective, high value solution to meet all of our clients’ financial needs through a team of around 40 dedicated and professional practitioners acting for businesses of all size and worth and individual clients. We work hard to get to know our clients to deliver timely, individual advice on how to improve business and personal wealth.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kaplan
Advanced Diploma - AAT Level 3
Advanced builds on the knowledge gained in the Foundation level. If you work in accounts or have studied accountancy before, you may be able to start at this level. You’ll learn complex accounting techniques, and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.
This level will encourage you to master more complex accounting principles in both Bookkeeping and Management Accounting. You’ll develop the technical skills to start, or progress, your career in accountancy and this will allow you to continue with your studies onto Level 4.
To pass this level you’ll need to study five units (also known as subjects), which are all mandatory. Four of the units are examined individually and there is also a synoptic assessment that you’ll take towards the end of the level, which incorporates the final two units as well as drawing on all of the other units you’ve studied at this level.
The area you will cover include:
Final Accounts Preparation
Management Accounting: Costing
Advanced Synoptic Assessment
The Apprenticeship standard details the essential Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours that somebody would need to demonstrate to be a successful Assistant Accountant, this includes, Business Awareness, Ethics, Communication, Embracing Change and Problem Solving. Apprentices will need to show they are competent in all the areas detailed in the standard when they take End Point Assessment.
The Knowledge areas of the standard will typically be covered through completion of the AAT qualification. Skills and Behaviours are developed through workshops, e-learning, workplace training and practical experience provided ‘on-the-job’.
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.