Print Technician Apprentice METPRINT LIMITED
Those with a mechanical and technical mind-set may the role of press technician be attractive due to the complexity of the equipment and the wide array of continuous improvement methods which could be applied in a given situation.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
29 Jun 2022
29 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Printing is carried out using printing presses; typically, the company’s most expensive and valuable machinery. There are 6 different categories of printing: lithography, screen, flexography, gravure, letterpress and digital. Each requires different techniques in order to operate successfully, and companies may use one or more categories of press depending on the customer needs.
Job duties will include:
1. Handling the printing line
2. Print quality control
3. Acknowledgment of print compatibility with the design
4. Mixing inks for production
5. Follow instructions and procedures
6. Line maintenance
7. Maintaining order in the workplace
8. Maximizing capacity utilization of the machine
9. Working on the coating lines
10. Production reporting
11. Adherence to the BRC / IOP, HACCP hygiene rules and environmental standards ISO 14001 described in procedures, instructions and in others Internal documents
12. Applying the principles of the Quality Management System described in the procedures, instructions and other internal documents
Requirements and prospects
- Microsoft Office skills
- Good timekeeping
Advantage to have English & maths GCSE Grade A-C/4-9 or equivalent.
At the end of the apprenticeship the successful candidate may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
About the employer
Luminate Education Group
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Leeds City College firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.