Facilities Services Apprentice Kingswood Infant School
This opportunity would be perfect for those that like to be busy and work practically in a supportive setting. The environment offers students the opportunity to explore and challenge the potential of learners in every aspect.
Closing date: 13 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
27 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
These may vary site-to-site but are likely to encompass:
- Overseeing the preparation of all facilities ready for day-to-day school use and occasional letting use
- Carrying out daily checks around the school and its extensive grounds
- Risk assessments
- Prompt attention to ensure that any problems (e.g. vandalism, graffiti, excess litter) are dealt with effectively and promptly
- To work under the direction of the Head-teacher, Premises Manager and School Business Manager to support maintenance functions
- Supervision of external contractors while on site
- To study relevant qualifications while you earn
Requirements and prospects
- Professional, organised, and attention to detail
- A team player
- Previous experience of working with children desirable, but not essential
- A willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing situations
- Confidence in your own ability to want to learn and develop
- Enthusiastic and have an interest in working with children
- Reliable, committed, and punctual
Functional Skills L1 in Maths and English
Full-time role with the academy.
Things to consider
- All apprenticeships require an enhanced DBS check before the commencement of the role due to working with children
- Please google the location prior to applying
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Welcome to Kingswood Primary and Nursery School. We hope our association with your family will be a long and happy one. Kingswood is a successful and popular school. Children's happiness is paramount, and we aim to inspire, motivate and celebrate their achievements. At Kingswood everyone is valued and encouraged to reach their full potential, we put children at the heart of everything we do. By working together, we create a positive ethos and strive to become an outstanding learning environment.
Each child will be encouraged to be hardworking and self-disciplined during their time here. We believe that individual children should attain the highest possible standards in reading, writing and mathematics. Children should be able to develop and apply these skills with confidence and should enjoy the process. We aim at all times to match the learning experience to the needs of individual children in partnership with parents and other members of the community. Additionally, we promote the physical, creative, social and emotional development of each child in a calm and friendly atmosphere.
Our staff, coupled with supportive parents and governors, contribute greatly to the success of our school. We all work together with a common purpose – to ensure that our children are happy and successful in their primary years.
Kingswood Values & Vision
Discover, Believe, Achieve. - this underpins every decision made in school
We reward pupils for demonstrating the core values: respect, resilience, self-belief, being supportive, adaptability and communication. These values we believe underpin our vision statement.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Anthony Lowe 07881922192 firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities Services Operative Level 2
IWFM Level 2 Certificate in Facilities Services Principles
Apprentices without level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to take the tests for this level prior to taking the end-point assessment
- Working at Heights
- Health and Safety
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.