IT Apprentice Wieland Metals Birmingham Ltd
Are you looking for an opportunity within an IT company with progression? If you have strong IT skills and are keen to learn on the job, this role is for you. You must have an interest in technology and have an excellent telephone manner. This role is working within an IT role at a company based in Birmingham.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
24 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To provide day to day first line support for approx. 50 users/desktops
- To troubleshoot log on problems, printer issues, reset passwords etc.
- Maintain inventory of IT consumables and re-order as necessary
- Provide day to day support of network infrastructure and physical connectivity
- Undertake ad-hoc IT projects to support the department/business
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Practical approach to challenges and problem solving
The below would be an advantage but training would be given:
- Knowledge of MS Windows Operating Systems, MS Office 365, Citrix, Client Server Architecture, Basic Electronic Principles
- Knowledge of SQL (Structured Query Language) and Programming Principles
- Interest in and appreciation of new and emerging technologies
- Willingness to learn and grow IT skillset to support business operations
- Flexibility – to support the IT department in various tasks and projects, often at short notice and sometimes unrelated to IT
- A*-C or 9-4 GCSE (or equivalent) including maths and English
Possibility of permanent position for suitable and right candidate.
About the employer
As the copper and copper alloy specialist at the top of the world league, we provide support for our customer’s success from many locations and continents – backed by a reliable, flexible supply network and the best services of unvarying quality. In response to the global challenges of our time such as climate change, digitization, and minimized draw on resources, we design our products, services, and technologies to provide sustainable and innovative solutions.
Wieland Metals Birmingham Ltd
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Diane Stanley 07552276536 email@example.com
- IT Solutions Technician Level 3
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.