Apprentice Payroll Consultant Johnson Fisher Accountancy & Payroll Services Ltd
To support the Payroll Manager in the processing of the weekly and monthly client’s payrolls in a very busy bureau environment.
Closing date: 20 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 34.50
Possible start date
23 Jul 2022
24 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As Payroll Apprentice you will support the Payroll Manager to process the weekly and monthly payrolls ensuring that all payments are made accurately and within the stipulated time frames. You will assist with the end-to-end processing as well as imputing necessary changes and updates to employees’ records. We are currently using two payroll systems, Sage and Paycircle and full training will be given on both.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be exhausted to:
- Processing the variable hours on each client’s payroll, which can be large volumes of data
- Calculate and process statutory payments which include SSP, SMP, SPP
- Ensuring any pay changes such as deductions or additional payments are processed correctly
- To carry out manual pay checks prior to reports being sent to the Clients for authorisation
- Produce and send out payslips and any other documentation
- Deal with all employees pay queries within a timely manner
- Update any manual excel spreadsheets which are used by clients for manual calculations on holiday pay
- Any other ad hoc duty which may be required
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A keen attention to detail
- Able to solve problems analytically and quickly
- Good level of IT skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong organisational skills and can work well under pressure
- Can work well in a team but also independently
- Friendly, sociable and personable who can provide excellent customer service
GCSEs at grade C/4 or above in Maths and English (or the equivalent).
Once level 3 is completed then we would consider moving on to Level 5 and further if the worker so desires.
Things to consider
This is a busy bureau that are looking for the right apprentice who is interested, can learn quickly and use their own initiative and who will quickly become a valued member of the team.
About the employer
We are a relatively new Accountancy and Payroll bureau company processing payroll on a weekly and monthly basis for a wide variety of clients, we also offer accounting/bookkeeping services which also includes self-assessments. We started with a small number of clients, and this has now tripled and continuing to grow rapidly.
Johnson Fisher Accountancy & Payroll Services Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Mbkb Ltd
Nicki Bevan 07494 596865 email@example.com
Payroll Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship standard:
A 100% tailored training and assessment program will be delivered to support you throughout your Apprenticeship, topics covered include:
- Business and Customer Awareness
- Pensions for Payroll
- Technical Payroll
- Regulation and Compliance
- Systems and Processes
- Planning and Prioritisation
- Analysis skills
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.