Commis Chef Apprentice Tamburino Gold
A great opportunity to work in a highly regarded restaurant in the heart of Yeovil. We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Commis Chef to join the team. This role is ideal for an Apprentice Commis Chef who is genuinely keen on a career producing excellent dishes using fresh produce.
Closing date: 22 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Jun 2022
23 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Preparations (Mise en Place)
- Cooking and dressing plates as the candidate progresses during apprenticeship
- Manage your time carefully
- Complete your work to exacting standards with the guidance from Senior Chefs
- Stock checks, stock control and waste management
- Identifying commonly used knives and equipment and their specific uses
- Team working and developing working relationships
- Maintain a high level of good hygiene standard
- Ability to work alongside others with a positive attitude, maintain good time keeping
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Good knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety
- Good knife skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passionate about the industry and keen to learn
- Able to take instructions and carry out duties appropriately
- Someone who can learn from mistakes and move forward
- Determination – a ‘get up and go’ attitude
- Enjoy working within a fast-paced, hot kitchen
- Focused on the detail, attention to cleaning tasks
- Passionate about cooking and focused on quality
- Reliable & trustworthy – always turning up for shifts and training sessions
- Commitment and willingness to learn
GCSE English and GCSE maths (grade A*-C or 9-4), or equivalent qualification desired, but not essential.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, there may be further opportunities within the business on a permanent basis.
Things to consider
Apprenticeship to start when hospitality can open again.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Tamburino Gold was established in March 2011 by Domenico and Miguel, teaming up in partnership to provide the ultimate Italian dining out experience.
Domenico and Miguel had previously worked together in a popular Italian restaurant for 8 years. With Domenico’s great business skills and Miguel’s divine cooking capabilities – joining forces makes the perfect combination.
We are situated in an ideal location in the beautiful town of Sherborne, positioned with a great view of the famous Sherborne Abbey. Tamburino Gold is already proving to be a great success, providing superb food and a great level of service.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Michelle Rogers +447880476072 firstname.lastname@example.org
Training on all sections of the kitchen as well as food hygiene, stock rotation, menu planning, costing and assisting with college projects and assessments.
Including 20% off the job training.
- Commis chef Level 2
- Functional skills if needed
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.