Apprentice HGV Technician COLLINS EARTHWORKS LIMITED
Collins Earthworks (Transport) Limited are looking for someone who has a keen interest in starting their career as a HGV Technician Apprentice. Working with a mentor you will be training to become a fully qualified HGV Technician.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Jan 2022
6 days ago
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Performing major and minor repairs to heavy goods vehicles, trailers and other vehicles in the company fleet
- Performing regular inspection and general preventative maintenance services such as tyre rotation, oil changes
- Identifying repairs required through wear & tear
- Liaise with transport personnel to order parts
- Maintaining inventory in the workshop
- General housekeeping
- Working with repair teams to help diagnose and plan repairs for the vehicles
- Maintaining records of vehicles that have been repaired or handled
- Providing repair services to clients on the road in case of emergencies
- Completing relevant documentation and paperwork as required
- Working towards Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician qualification
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team or alone
Grade 4/C in maths and English or equivalent qualifications are desirable (applicants who do not meet the criteria above will be assessed by a college representative and complete further maths and English diagnostics).
On the successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be a fully qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician where the career prospects are excellent.
Things to consider
The wage shown is based on a candidate aged 16-18. Candidates that are 18+ will have £8.00PH and will have overtime and shift allowance.
About the employer
Collins Earthworks (Transport) Limited run a modern, mixed range of haulage vehicle to cater for our clients demands including 8 wheeled tippers, arctic tippers, road sweepers and aggregate ejector trailers.
COLLINS EARTHWORKS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stephenson College
Maddie Wood firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Heavy Vehicle service and maintenance technician.
- Functional Skills Level 2 (if applicable)
- Block release at SMB Group, Stephenson College campus, Coalville, Leicestershire
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.