Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician AVALON PLASTICS LIMITED
An opportunity has opened for a Multi-skilled engineering apprenticeship, learning all aspects of engineering maintenance, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
23 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
An engineering apprenticeship vacancy has become available for an individual to join the Maintenance Engineering Department of a well-established and growing manufacturing facility in Glastonbury.
Avalon Plastics Ltd is one of the largest Plastic Injection Moulding Manufacturers in the South West and has had a successful apprenticeship scheme for many years.
The apprenticeship role will be maintenance engineering with an electrical bias; however, all aspects of maintenance engineering will be taught.
Duties are including:
- Mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Fault finding
- Working with PLCs, digital proportional valves, AC/DC inverter drives and Linear Variable Digital Transducers
- Reactive but also preventive and predictive maintenance via PPM, ensuring minimum machine downtime
Requirements and prospects
- Practical skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Both a team player and able to work on their own
- Computer literate and a good standard of English
- Committed, honest and hardworking with a keen hunger to learn new skills and ability to follow instructions
- Punctual and flexible
- Determined to succeed with a “can-do” attitude
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs C/4 and above or equivalents
- Level 3 BTEC/NVQ in engineering
Upon completion of apprenticeship an opportunity to progress to a fully skilled shift maintenance engineer with responsibilities of managing their time and resources to effect repairs and minimise machine downtime.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
With a focus on plastic injection moulding, Avalon is a trusted partner to a number of leading brands across a breadth of product areas and has the capability to both design and manufacture to order. In conjunction with this solution focus, Avalon has invested heavily in machinery and automation to ensure it maintains a competitive advantage against traditionally ‘cheaper’ foreign manufacturers – compounded further by its ability to drastically reduce logistics costs. The business prides itself on its agility and responsiveness, offering short, reliable lead times that result in customers returning year after year.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Murray Scott 07825 922233 email@example.com
- Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician Level 3
Technicians will undertake installation, testing, servicing, removal, replacement, maintenance and repair of a range of equipment, sometimes complex, as part of planned preventative and reactive maintenance programmes.
You will be encouraged to develop your skills with your employer to become a fully skilled engineer.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.