Apprentice Multi Trades Operative Places for People
Great opportunity to progress your career and gain exposure to the industry whilst flourishing within an engaging environment. To carry out general responsive repairs and an appropriate trade service in both occupied and vacant properties and communal areas. You will earn whilst you learn.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
24 Jan 2022
19 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To carry out all appropriate instructions issued by Trade Supervisor.
- Maintain a professional relationship with customers.
- Ensure all tools are used and stored safely.
- Ensure that on completion of all works the property is left in a decent and tidy condition.
- Attend work on time, bringing any relevant equipment or tools that are provided and wearing the uniform and name badge provided.
- Attend all College training, and other training as directed by the Trade Supervisor.
- Carrying out work to individual properties and to communal areas as directed by your line manager or supervisor.
- Carrying out other appropriate, general repairs to individual properties and communal areas as directed by your line manager or supervisor.
- Undertaking pre and post inspections on repairs and recording same.
- Organising a work schedule in conjunction with your supervisor/line manager.
- Liaising with customers and colleagues on your work schedule.
- Monitoring own expenditure, keeping accurate records, and understanding the importance of reducing costs and providing an effective, value for money service to customers.
- Ensure that all of the above are carried out within the health and safety guidelines and the Group’s Health & Safety Policy.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work on own initiative particularly meeting deadlines, planning and prioritising own workload and problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to support customers professionally and effectively.
- Demonstrate English and mathematics Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) is work ethic.
- Apprentices will have to be 18+ as will be accessing residence premises. Due to H&S and insurance, we are unable to employ anyone under this age.
- Presentable with a touch of ambition and humour are all factors that make a good team member.
- To show an aptitude for the trade for which they have been employed.
- English and mathematics Grade D/3 or above (or equivalent).
Further training and a permanent position are available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Progression - can work towards level 3 upwards, continually offer progression through additional openings even career pathways to site supervisor level 4.
Things to consider
- Apprentices will have to be 18+ as will be accessing residence premises. Due to H&S and insurance, we are unable to employer anyone under this age.
6 December: Join our online information session:
13 December: Interviews
10 January: Two-week induction programme
24/25 January: Start Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship
About the employer
Places for People is made up of more than 20 specialist companies, each working to build sustainable communities for all. We pride ourselves on our individual expertise and our ability to collaborate across the Group to provide an unrivalled end-to end placemaking service.
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Steven Vasiliou 07507558470 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Property Maintenance Operative level 2 standard.
- Ixion Holdings will provide the Apprenticeship Standard.
- Ixion Holdings will complete functional skills where necessary.
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity is embedded throughout the course.
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.