Hospitality Experience Apprentice MATFEN HALL LIMITED
This is a unique and special opportunity for those with a passion for hospitality. We are looking for engaging, well-presented Hospitality Experience apprentices to supplement our existing warm and friendly team.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Jun 2022
25 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This opportunity will start your career and allow you to learn all parts of the industry with potential career routes in the future within our business. or others, all at the same time as gaining a qualification. If you are thinking about working at this breathtaking retreat then please ask yourself these questions:
- Would you like to work in a beautiful, prestigious, environment surrounded by a hard-working, friendly team?
- Would you like to provide an uplifting, outstanding experience for customers in our hotel?
- Would you like to work for an employer who values all of their employees' well-being?
- Finally, would you like to be a part of all of our unique perks that we offer for employees such as, spa membership, gym membership, generous staff discounts and a beautiful uniform to wear during your working hours?
If your answer is ‘yes’ then this job is for you.
Hospitality Experience Responsibilities:
- Creating a friendly and inviting relationship with the customers to make them feel valued and looked after during their visit, creating long lasting relationships
- Communicating effectively with the team you are working with to ensure that customers' expectations are met and exceeded
- Preparing our exceptional food and heavenly beverages to be served to customers
- Exceeding customers expectations by doing the most you can do to provide the best experience for the customer
- Preparing the hotel before and after service to a satisfactory standard for guests
- Resolving guest queries in an efficient and effective way in order to ensure the customer is happy with their experience
- Listening to customer’s requests and ensuring they are attended to
- Meeting health and safety requirements
- Providing a unique and personal experience for the customer
Requirements and prospects
- Proven experience in a similar role (desirable)
- Excellent verbal communication and writing accuracy
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to remain composed, particularly during busy periods
- Outgoing and personable
- Must have own transport or ability to travel to Matfen Hall
- High standards of personal hygiene and appearance
- Wearing and maintaining the prescribed uniform
- Physically fit
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness to perform additional duties to facilitate the hotel operations, as needed
- No formal qualifications required - you will complete L2 maths & English as part of the apprenticeship
- We are passionate about developing our people and supporting them in their careers
- There is the possibility of full time employment and promotional opportunities for the right person
Things to consider
- Positive working environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Fixed-hours contract
- Generous rates of pay
- Gym, Swim & Golf Membership
- Free on-site parking
- Generous staff discounts
- Uniform provided
- You will gain a L2 Customer Service Standard
As part of the selection process, you will be invited to a 3-day skills bootcamp held at Gateshead College and/or Matfen Hall where you will complete training on CV writing, employability and interviews skills. Following successful completion of the bootcamp you will be guaranteed an interview. (Please note this won’t be paid).
About the employer
Rich in heritage, atmosphere and space, the Matfen Hall estate provides an unequalled paradise to stay, spa and golf in, nestled away in the heart of historic Northumberland. Set in over 300 acres of unique parkland, this is a place for couples to relax, families to explore and friends to enjoy.
Boasting an impressive history dating back to the 17th century, today, we look forward to sharing the unmistakable Matfen Hall experience with guests near and far. With 53 bedrooms, five dining areas to eat and drink in, The Retreat at Matfen Hall to relax in, and a championship golf course to enjoy, we’ll provide you with the opportunity to indulge each one of your senses during your stay with us.
MATFEN HALL LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Gateshead College
Scott Brown email@example.com
- You will work towards the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard with Gateshead College
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.