Accountancy Apprentice Hawson Jefferies
Entry level apprenticeship, covering all aspects of basic bookkeeping, VAT and accounts preparation, with full training provided.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Jul 2022
22 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
This will be an entry level apprenticeship, covering all aspects of basic bookkeeping, VAT and accounts preparation, with full training provided.
Tasks will invlude
- Supporting the preparation of a full set of accounts
- Supporting a full range of bookkeeping transactions
- Assisting senior members of the department with preparing accounts and other support as required
- Other administrative duties as required to support the accounting teams
Requirements and prospects
- GCSE level C or grade 5 and above in at least Maths and grade 4 in English
- Excellent numeracy and communication skills
- Confident with IT, particularly excel spreadsheets
- Able to work as part of a team in a professional manner
- Confident at problem solving
- Willingness to undertake AAT qualification
GCSE level C or grade 5 and above in at least Maths and grade 4 in English
Prospects of further training for ACA / ACCA
About the employer
Hawson Jefferies is an independent firm of Chartered Certified Accountants conveniently located to the South of Sheffield City Centre. Our offices are easily accessible and have the added bonus of an on-site car park.
Established in 1979, we have over 35 years experience offering a reliable, personal and friendly service to clients across a broad range of business sectors.
Our partners and staff have a depth of knowledge that allows us to provide a comprehensive, individually tailored service to each and every client at a very competitive rate.
Our clients are principally small and medium enterprises (SMEs) ranging from sole traders to small and medium sized family businesses, to owner managed companies and individuals.
At present we gain many new clients through recommendations and retain our current clients due to our reputation for providing excellent advice in a down to earth but professional manner.
First Intuition Leeds Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by First Intuition Leeds Ltd
AAT qualification at Level 3 (possibly with elements of Level 2)
The successful candidate will undertake a full review of their existing skills versus what is required in their new role. First Intuition will then advise on the best apprenticeship programme for them. This will be a structured AAT Apprenticeship programme tailored to the candidate’s experience and knowledge.
A blend of classroom and online training will support the candidate to achieve a well-recognised accountancy qualification which will both help with their new role and potentially lead on to further study.
Level 3 (A level)