Office Administration Apprentice Waseley Hills High School
To assist the Senior Office Manager with efficient and effective administration support to the administration team.
Closing date: 30 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Jun 2022
22 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To provide an efficient and effective administration support function to the administration team.
- Handling sensitive and confidential information, including data entry.
- Assisting with switchboard operation and dealing with telephone enquiries to the school.
- To liaise with staff, students, members of the public regarding school related enquiries by telephone, email and face-to face.
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems (SIMS)
- Undertake word processing tasks.
- File/store/record data and information in line with procedures.
- Use of various IT systems.
- Working flexibly as part of a team.
- Assist with lost property enquiries
- Assist with mobile phone confiscation systems and procedures.
- Organising and supporting various events and meetings etc.
- Opening and distributing post
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work independently as well as under supervision to solve problems accordingly
- Professional manner at all times
- Good verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within and apply all school policies e.g. behaviour management, child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities
- Willingness to be flexible and respond to the working hours required by the school
- Team player
- Polite & calm
- Can work under pressure
- GCSE Grade 4(C) and above in English, maths (or equivalent)
Can lead to full-time employment after successfully completing apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
You will be regularly supervised and supported and will be expected to complete your qualification in the time specified (level 2/3 apprenticeship framework qualification). 20% of the full time working hours will be allocated specifically for your NVQ.
This Job Description is current at November 2021, and is representative of the duties/responsibilities expected of the post. These duties and responsibilities are neither static nor exhaustive and, at the discretion of the Headteacher, are liable to variation to reflect any future changes required of this post.
The successful candidate will be requested to apply for for Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and complete school application form.
About the employer
These are very exciting times at Waseley Hills and I hope you will want to join us on our journey to school improvement and success.
Whilst we all agree that gaining qualifications is very important and that our students do well at all key stages, I think schools should also be about learning for life and enjoyment. It's not just what we do at Waseley Hills but how we go about it that makes the school special. Waseley Hills High School 'feels' different. There is a warm atmosphere of community spirit and a climate of ‘looking forward to learning’.
SOUTH & CITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by South and City College Birmingham
Kam Sahota 0121 694 5066 Kamaljit.Sahota@sccb.ac.uk
College day will be 1 day a week based at South & City College Birmingham - Digeth Campus, studying:
- Business Administration Level 3
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.