Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Walsh's Hair & Beauty Salon Ltd
Want to become a top stylist? An opportunity has arisen to become part of the team at this salon based in Kettering. Walsh's Hair and Beauty salon is looking for an Apprentice Hairdresser to join the team and be part of an ongoing learning experience.
Closing date: 18 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
19 Feb 2022
19 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
A Salon in Kettering, Walsh's Hair and Beauty salon is looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and passionate about starting a career in hairdressing to join their friendly and experienced team.
This will be a full-time position working 39 hours per week and hours of work will be discussed at interview stage. Hours are likely to involve working at least one late evening and Saturdays are essential.
Typical daily tasks of an apprentice will include:
- Cleaning and tidying the salon
- Greeting clients
- Making drinks
- Shampooing client’s hair
- Advising clients on shampoos
- Conditioners and treatments (training will be given)
- Assisting and observing stylists
- Apprentices are required to bring in their own models
- Complete their online journal where they track off the job training hours
- When a certain level of skill and understanding has been gained the tasks will gradually increase to things like applying colours, blow drying, styling etc.
As part of your working week, you will receive training from the salon's stylists and you will be visited on a regular basis for assessments by a Heart of England Training Assessor to work towards the Hairdressing Standard. This will be once a month in salon for practical and once a month over zoom to deliver theory work.
Requirements and prospects
- Confident with good communication skills
- Able to speak fluent English
- Maths would be advantageous but not essential as this can also be taught
- Customer focused
- Willing to learn
- You should be smart, presentable, with a good attitude to work and timekeeping
- Fluent in speaking English
- Able to read and write in English
- Maths qualification would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
On successful completion of hairdressing standards, there may be the opportunity to progress onto the customer service standard where this will help build your confidence up as a stylist and then in time be ready to do a level 3 hairdressing standard.
Things to consider
Applicants must have a realistic idea of what it is like to work as an apprentice in the hairdressing industry and must be willing to help out with the less glamorous tasks such as cleaning.
Please be aware that when working as a Hairdressing Apprentice, part of your daily jobs will be to clean and tidy the salon.
There will be some long periods of activity with little time to rest.
Applicants also need to ensure that they are willing to work Saturdays and at least one late evening before applying for the position as this is a requirement when working in the hairdressing industry.
*This role is starting in January.
About the employer
Walsh's Hair and Beauty salon offers a friendly, small and professional service, it is based in the heart of Kettering town centre. They pride themselves on delivering outstanding customer service with a real personable feel.
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Heart of England Training Ltd
Emma Stead 01788820132 email@example.com
- Level 2 Hair Standard
- Maths and English functional skills level 2 if required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.