Barbering Level 2 ( Apprenticeship) Richard Beaumont Longbrook Salon
This is an amazing opportunity to work for a new Salon/ Barbers in the heart of Exeter. You will be fully supported throughout your Apprenticeship by PGL Training as the Training Provider.
Closing date: 11 Feb 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Feb 2022
19 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Shampooing client’s hair
- Making refreshments for clients
- Answering the telephone
- Making sure that the Salon is clean and tidy
- Booking appointments
- Dealing with walk ins
- Updating Social media
- Cut facial hair into shape
- Attending Social Media master classes
You will receive a full induction in the barbering salon with on going support as well as having 1-2-1 two weekly visits.
You will be assisting Barbers in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness. You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist Barbers in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase.
By assisting the Salon Manager and the Barbers, you will gain the necessary knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career. You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff throughout your training.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- Being able to work with a a wide range of people.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- You will need to be punctual and good with time.
- You will need to be organised and efficient.
- Keen to want to learn and improve skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Being able to make conversation with clients in a professional manner.
- Strong Work Ethic.
- Problem-Solving Skills.
- Good practical skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Kind and polite.
- Hard working.
- Enjoy helping others.
- A good sense of humour.
- Hard working.
After completing an Apprenticeship you may have the chance to progress onto an Advanced Apprenticeship in Barbering. There may be the chance for full time employment for the right person.
Working in a salon is tiring and means standing all day. Being on time is especially important as you don’t want to keep clients waiting and you must be flexible and be prepared to be working long hours.
About the employer
Gill and I founded our first business in Exeter in 1974. Top quality hairdressing skills together with friendly, professional approach to customer services, soon gained the salon an excellent reputation attracting clients from a wide radius. We opened the Longbrook salon along with our son James - who has proved to be a phenomenal hair stylist, and also a product trainer with Keune international. Service, care and creativity is what we strive for and this has reaped a strong clientele. We are always here to help you achieve the very best for you, either in hair or beauty. You take the time, we will always take the care. - Richard Beaumont
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Alberto Pitocco 01392437373 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diploma for Hair Professionals – Barbering L2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills maths Level 1 ( If required)
- Functional Skills maths Level 2 ( If required)
- Functional Skills English Level 1 ( If required)
- Functional Skills English level 2 ( If required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.