Early Years Educator Apprentice - Level 3 Headstart Docklands Nursery Limited
We are seeking highly motivated early years professionals who would like to work with age ranges 3 m – 5 y. We require practitioners to make observations and plan next steps for children. To undertake continuous personal training using Educare. We require high levels of hygiene standards therefore cleaning toys / equipment is part of the job role.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 May 2022
19 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- To be able to continue to update the child’s early learning development tracker
- To treat all information received as confidential
- To ensure the highest standards of safety, hygiene and welfare whilst maintaining adequate supervision of the conduct of the children attending the setting
- Ensure company policies and procedures are always followed
- To work as part of team to ensure learning through play
- Ensure that children remain safe at all times and follow the correct procedure to report any accidents
- Help and assist children at meals times keeping a diary log for parents to review if requested
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and are approachable, efficient, organised and enthusiastic
- Able to build positive relationships with children and staff
- Applicant must have clean and presentable appearance
- Must be reliable and flexible to meet changing requirements
- We require practitioners to understand the Ofsted Inspection framework, their safeguarding responsibilities (including FGM and prevent duty) and to understand the early years statutory framework
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Paediatric First Aid certificate is required (if not available, we can provide training).
Possibility of gaining a full-time working contract upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
Are you easily able to commute to work? We provide on-site parking.
We also require all staff to have an enhanced DBS and to be on the update service.
We seek to continuously incentivise our staff and bonuses and pay increases are given depending on performance.
About the employer
The nursery is run by experienced and qualified staff, who take a professional approach to ensuring the happiness and safety of the children in their care. We aim to create first class facilities with excellent standards of care, building environment and resources and equipment, thereby enabling the children to learn, develop and flourish to their full potential, whilst having lots of fun!
The routines and activities that make up each day are provided in ways that give the children opportunities to learn and help them to value learning. Routines are adapted to ensure they suit the needs of each individual child.
Children learn by doing rather than being told, and we encourage their creativity through exploring, discovering and experimenting with play.
Education and Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Education and Skills
Steph Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard.
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
This qualification is structured around the following four themes:
- Health and well-being
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.