ATA Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
Working within a school environment, enhancing your teaching skills through practical experience. Earn while you learn and gain a recognised qualification and valuable experience to further your future education or employment opportunities.
Closing date: 08 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
09 Jun 2022
17 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Our teaching assistant apprenticeship programme will teach many different skills, which will allow you to work within schools to support classroom delivery.
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities are likely to include:
- Supervising class activities
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience within a School environment
- Helping students who need extra support, emotionally, physically, or socially as well as with accessing education
- Learning classroom-based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives for children with a variety of needs
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
Requirements and prospects
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about how children develop
- How to support children in literacy and/or numeracy; how children learn and how to motivate them, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of/willingness to learn about behaviour management strategies
- Able to communicate and break down information to make it learnable
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- A confident communicator
- Professionally presented
- Punctual and reliable
- Problem solving and ability to set up class activities
- 5 GCSEs or equivalents at grades A*-C (9-4) or Level 2 Functional Skills including English and maths
- Possible permanent position on successful completion of this apprenticeship for the right applicant
Things to consider
- All apprenticeships require an enhanced DBS check before the commencement of the role due to working with children
- You will be employed by Inspire ATA, and be placed at Claygate Primary School for the duration of your apprenticeship
- Please google the location prior to applying
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Inspire ATA Ltd. is a not-for-profit social enterprise set up to make a difference. We specialise in working with a wide range of clients (nationwide) that want to take on excellent Apprentices. We recruit and employ all of our Apprentices and then arrange amazing placements with our partners and clients whilst providing ongoing support. We also arrange and quality assure the training through our partner apprenticeship training providers.
Our vision is “to inspire ambition and widen horizons” and this is something that is totally embedded in all that we do. Our ATA creates apprenticeship jobs and opportunities that otherwise wouldn’t exist for people, allowing them to raise their aspirations. A lot of our work is with schools, so we love the fact that our Apprentices go on to inspire children of all ages. We inspire to inspire!
We want to have a positive impact on society with the work we do, and we encourage individuals to be good citizens that contribute to the wider community. Our focus for 2021 is all around the development and wellbeing of our apprentices – you will often see us use the hashtag #LearnerFirst.
We operate nationally but we are based in Hammersmith & Fulham in London and are the 2021-22 winner of Best Apprenticeship Employer in Central & Greater London.
Additional location information
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Sophie Oliver 07858007944 email@example.com
Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
This training programme focuses on developing classroom delivery and work within schools.
The Diploma aims to grow your existing skillset in the following key areas:
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding, and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
- All candidates take part in an initial intense training programme at the start of the selection process and will undertake functional skills if needed
During this period our experienced staff will prepare candidates for their placements by giving them the foundations that they will need for securing a placement. Our Employability team will also be available to support with interview skills ready for a placement interview.
Study relevant qualifications while you earn.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.