Business Administration Apprentice Smsl Limited
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self driven apprentice who thrives on working in a fast paced environment, supporting a range of managers across the business to support our growing administrative needs.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Jul 2022
17 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Assist with administrative support for the Management Team across all departments including Finance, HR, Operations and Customer Service
- Organising incoming post
- Scanning and filing confidential documents
- Answering external telephone calls and forwarding messages to appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- To provide support and assist where possible in answering and resolving day to day client queries, including answering the telephone and responding to emails.
- Support recruitment activities e.g. setting up interviews, managing CVs, responding to candidates
- Support HR administration and processes e.g. new starters, leavers, reports, management of employee files and the HR system
- To ensure the Company quality procedures are followed
- To learn about the industry and maintain knowledge going forward
- To offer support with any other ad-hoc administrative tasks where required
Requirements and prospects
- Excel & Word experience preferred although training will be given.
- Teamwork: Actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams' effectiveness through personal commitment.
- Planning, Organising & Executing: Be able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
- Excellent Communicator at all levels
- Willing to take on new challenges and learn from your mistakes
- GCSE's, or equivalent, including maths and English desirable.
Further training may be offered to the right candidate should they wish to further specialise their skills. Permanent positions may be available for the right candidate who succeeds in both the role and their studies with opportunities to progress and develop their skills further within a growing business.
Things to consider
Driving Licence/own transport may be required due to location. The business is growing quickly and is therefore a fast paced environment which will suit someone with enthusiasm and drive.
About the employer
Smarter Metering Services Limited provide Gas and Electricity Metering services along with utility infrastructure and pipework project delivery. We currently have around 95 employees of those around 85% are field based metering engineers and managers. Our head office is in Newmarket along with our National Distribution Warehouse and Training Centre, we also have a second office space in Risby, Suffolk. Smarter Metering Services Limited was established in 2012 by Tom Ward as a small family business and has grown rapidly since 2016, Tom Ward is our CEO and remains fully involved in the day to day business operations and keeps the family business spirit alive.
W S TRAINING LTD.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by W S Training Ltd
Ask for the Apprenticeship Team 01284 788005 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Standard for Business Administration Level 3 will be provided in conjunction with WS Training. We will provide you with ongoing monthly support from a tutor, and quarterly reviews with your employer. We will facilitate your off the job training which equates to 1 day per week whilst on the apprenticeship. You will also take part in Functional Skills English and Maths level 2 where this has yet to be achieved. The apprenticeship will be for 18 months practical period, and then an EPA assessment at the end to quality.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.