Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician Wilsons Motor Group
Wilsons Renault main dealers are looking to acquire a dedicated motor vehicle apprentice technician whilst working towards a Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician apprenticeship standard working with modern vehicle electronics. This opportunity offers an exciting career entry path into a franchise motor vehicle main dealership.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
12 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice, you will be working alongside a team of experienced technicians, where you will learn to maintain and repair customers vehicles to a very high standard.
Your duties will include:
- Servicing - working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance
- Maintenance - replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair - diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customer's vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Requirements and prospects
- Problem-solving skills
None, just your passion for the motor industry.
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Mechanical interest
- Personal responsibility and resilience
Ideally GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 master technician, MOT tester, hybrid/electric car technician.
Things to consider
The applicant will need to take in consideration the travelling distance to work and college.
About the employer
We are the largest family-run new and used car supermarket in the South of England that has been selling cars for over 117 years, offering our customers extensive choice, unbeatable value and a service they can trust in one location. We're proud to represent 11 new car brands - Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Jeep, Hyundai, Nissan, Nismo, Peugeot, MG, Renault & Dacia - as well as stocking over 1,000 nearly new and used cars on-site that you can browse online today.
M I T SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Motor Industry Training
Ifza Parvaz 01932 341416 Ifza.firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.