Agriculture Apprentice Chyvarloe Farm Ltd
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work alongside Paul Parfitt at Chyvarloe Farm, on his Beef and Arable Farm near Helston.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
25 Jan 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful apprentice must have a keen interest in working with livestock, there will also be the occasional tractor work within this role however the amount will depend on the time of year. You will also be expected to carry out the following duties;
- General yard work
- Feeding the animals and making the feeds up
- Assisting with calf rearing
- Preparing bedding and mucking out
- Carrying out TB testing and helping with vaccinations
- Tractor driving duties will vary depending on experience and will include hedge trimming, combining, pulling daffodils, fertiliser spreading (if you have your PA1 & 2), ploughing and drilling.
- Fencing and maintenance
- There is also the opportunity to get involved in school visits if interested.
Requirements and prospects
- Enjoy practical work
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Able to undertake manual and heavy work
- Able to handle animals with confidence and patience
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Able to work for long hours and in all kinds of weather conditions
- Able to work both in a team and with limited social contact
- Be a keen practical and theoretical learner who acts responsibly at all times
- It is essential that candidates are punctual and dependable, as the daily schedule is based around the needs of the animals.
- The role will require some physical strength and character, as well as being good with your hands.
- A proactive approach is needed, having confidence to work alongside others and being able to work on your own initiative
GCSE Grades – Two D’s or above in English and Mathematics (or equivalent) essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
Chyvarloe Farm Ltd
- NVQ Level 2 in Agriculture
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Duchy College
Beth Bruce 01726 226472
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017