Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician Wilsons Motor Group
Wilsons Hyundai main dealers are looking to acquire a dedicated Motor Vehicle Apprentice Technician whilst working towards a Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician apprenticeship standard working with modern vehicle electronics. This opportunity offers an exciting career entry path into a franchise motor vehicle main dealership.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Jun 2022
12 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an apprentice, you will be working alongside a team of experienced technicians where you will learn to maintain and repair customers vehicles to a very high standard.
Your duties will include:
- Servicing - working to guidelines to ensure a vehicle is running at optimum performance
- Maintenance - replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair - diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
- Using diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes
- Inspecting and preparing customer's vehicles ready for mechanical work
- Removing, repairing or replacing components to the correct specification
- Contributing to a safe working environment, by working within Health and Safety processes
- Admin and customer service duties that include updating job cards and providing quotations and estimations
Requirements and prospects
None, just your passion for the motor industry.
We want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working in the automotive industry and want to become experts in their technical field.
Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Mechanical interest
- Personal responsibility and resilience
- Problem solving
- Ideally, GCSE with at least a 4/C Grade or equivalent in maths and English
- Level 3 Master Technician MOT Tester Hybrid/Electric Car Technician
Things to consider
- The applicant will need to take into consideration the travelling distance to work and college
About the employer
We are the largest family-run new and used car supermarket in the South of England that has been selling cars for over 117 years, offering our customers extensive choice, unbeatable value and a service they can trust in one location. We're proud to represent 11 new car brands - Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Jeep, Hyundai, Nissan, Nismo, Peugeot, MG, Renault & Dacia - as well as stocking over 1,000 nearly new and used cars on-site that you can browse online today.
M I T SKILLS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Motor Industry Training
Ifza Parvaz 01932 341416 Ifza.email@example.com
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.