Level 3 Advanced and Creative Hair Professional Apprentice Hair Avanti
Hair Avanti are on the search for an apprentice who makes people smile, is easy to talk to and the sort of person who helps with duties such as cleaning and any other jobs to make the business work. Working flexibly at Hair Avanti is a vital part of the role!
Closing date: 13 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
20 Dec 2021
11 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Reception (including booking appointments)
- Meeting and greeting clients and providing refreshments
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Tidy and clean salon area as required
- Social media duties
- Providing consultations
- Attending training
Requirements and prospects
- A genuine interest and passion in hairdressing is essential
- Must be hard working, self driven with great time management skills and awareness
- You must be able to follow instructions with a methodical approach
- Excellent customer service skills and good communication skills required
- Will need to be reliable, well presented and approachable and go the extra mile to succeed
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- Passionate about a salon working environment with a genuine interest in having a job with endless prospects
- Willing to keep up with trends, fashions, techniques and industry news
- Friendly, fun, creative with a flair for the job
Applicants must have completed level 2 in hairdressing and hold GCSE (or equivalent) in English and maths at grade C/4 or above.
Potential full time job offer on completion of the apprenticeship.
About the employer
Hairavanti, greeting the people of Keighley with the warmth of an Italian welcome since 1979.
We aim to deliver the best in hair, beauty and barbering. Hairavanti are stockist of luxury brands such as GHD, Olaplex, Moroccan Oil. We also have a basement showroom for 'Hare About the House'.
LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leeds City College
Saffron Khan 01535 685118 firstname.lastname@example.org
We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship framework. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We carry out the skills development workshop days off site. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the qualifications, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved.
Mode of delivery: To attend the Keighley Campus 1 day a week over the 12 months alongside observations and assessments carried out in the workplace. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks.
Level 3 Diploma for Hair Professionals.
- Carrying out creative service treatments including cutting, colouring, fashion styling, smoothing and strengthening services.
Personal and People Development:
- Professionalism and values
- Behaviours and communication
Health, Safety and Security:
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
- Adhering to legislations appropriate to the industry
Equality and Diversity:
- Follow the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion
Models or training blocks will be provided to practice all skills. Assessments include assignments, exams, oral questions, observations, witness testimonies.
Functional Skills Qualification:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
The end-point assessment is synoptic and takes place at the end of the apprentice’s learning and development, after a minimum of 12 months on the programme learning. The apprenticeship is graded pass, distinction or fail based on the performance in the end point assessment.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.