Freight Forwarding Apprentice JZ FLOWERS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
We are looking for a Freight Forwarding Apprentice to join our team. Your role will be to complete import & export documentation & to ensure smooth flow of stock internationally. You will work together with our sister companies, completing all associated documents & updating relevant and processes in a timely manner ensuring efficiency & accuracy.
Closing date: 13 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
09 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are looking for a Freight Forwarding Apprentice to join our team. The successful candidate’s primary role shall be to complete import and export documentation and to ensure smooth flow of stock internationally. They will work together with our sister companies completing all associated documents and updating relevant and processes in a timely manner ensuring efficiency and accuracy.
Primary functions of the role will include the following and relevant training will be given:
- The ability to produce Original Documentation to complete both Import and Export of cargo i.e. Letter of Credit, Original Bill of Lading, GSP, Certificate of Origin, EUR1, ATR etc.
- Follow consignments through and ensure internal customers are kept up to date, liaising with the haulier and other agents to ensure the most up to date information is provided
- Completing additional plant health related requirements
- Ensure all systems and filing are up to date
- Adhere to appropriate standard operating procedures
- Understand how carriers (mainly road freight) work
- Ensure declarations are compliant with HMRC regulations
- Learn, understand and work with Incoterms
- Identifying additional business needs with customer
Duties related to Import declarations for road shipments of plants, plant products and packaging:
- Checking all incoming documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Requesting amendments to documentation where necessary to ensure compliance
- Creating the Import declarations and sending to customs management system in correct currency
- Linking the import declarations to the shipments at the port
- Using the HMRC system to inform regulatory bodies that notifiable plants or plant products are entering the country
- Working with the haulier, HMRC and regulatory bodies to resolve any delays/issues that may prevent the import declaration from being cleared
- Keeping the UK warehouse team informed of any delays
Duties relating to processing Export declarations for road shipments for plants, plant products and packaging:
- Confirming the Origin of Goods where necessary
- Requesting relevant certificates from the Plant Health Export Service where necessary
- Creating the Export declaration ensuring currency is converted to GBP where necessary with HMRC exchange rate
- Checking all documents for accuracy and completeness
- Sending documents to the haulier and Imports customs agent in receiving country once complete
- Ensuring haulier provides ferry bookings with accurate data and requesting amendments where necessary
- Uploading documents to show Proof of Delivery
General office administration support duties:
- Filing of Certificates and Declarations related to Transit Shipments that arrive from The Netherlands
- Creating/amending any guides that have been made where there is a new process to consider or slight amendments due to HMRC rules changing
- Providing support to other team members with any tasks that are outstanding for the day
- Speaking up about any suggestions they have to improve or speed up a process
Requirements and prospects
- Good attention to detail
- High level of mathematical literacy
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Team player - willing to help and support others to ensure customer needs are met
- Eager to learn “on the job”
- Can do attitude
- Keen to continuously improve systems and processes
- Minimum 4 GCSE passes (Grade A*-C or above/Level 9-4 or equivalent) including maths & English
For the right candidate who is willing to continuously learn and successfully complete the apprenticeship, there is an opportunity for them to have a successful career within the Freight Forwarding sector.
Things to consider
Vacancies are subject to close at any time subject to volume of applications.
About the employer
JZ Flowers is a family business and a leading producer of floral bouquets for UK retailers. We are the largest importer of Fairtrade Flowers in the UK and also focus heavily on British Grown Flowers having an office in Spalding, the heartland of the Lincolnshire growing community, to continue to build the excellent relationships we hold with our local growers.
Our business has been founded on a commitment to design, innovation and quality, but we have developed and grown to become a market leader and champion sustainable, ethically sourced flowers on an industrial, global scale.
Our business is built on trust, reliability, knowledge and that personal JZ touch!
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Seetec Business Technology Centre Ltd
Seetec Outsource Training and Skills 01793 847525 firstname.lastname@example.org
International Freight Forwarding Specialist advanced standard.
The apprenticeship programme design will be built around the standard and individual apprentice and employer needs.
This will consist of:
- A fully embedded induction programme delivered by the employer and Seetec Outsource Training and Skills
- An initial assessment of your skills, knowledge and behaviours in order to develop and enhance your career and personal progression
- In line with the with functional skills requirements set by the standard, (where applicable), we will analyse and continuously develop English and mathematics
- On the job training delivered by the employer
- Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out regular training, assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop, identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities, quarterly formal progress review meetings; identifying learning achievements and next steps
- Individual learning plan - this will be used as part of a professional discussion during your reflective progress review meeting and track the 20% off the job training progress
- A journey of learning activities over the length of the apprenticeship programme
- Access to on-line learning and an e-portfolio where you will be able to gather evidence to demonstrate your performance ensuring your apprenticeship – this evidence can be used to towards your end point assessment
- End point assessment – this takes place at the end of the apprenticeship to ensure you have developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for the job role.
This may consist of at least 3-4 of the below activities:
- Professional discussion
- Portfolio of evidence, apprentice showcase
- Research project
- Multi-choice knowledge test
- Work based project
- Competency based interview
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.