Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship (Level 3) Wylde Green Pharmacy
Fantastic opportunity for someone with experience as a Dispenser to progress their career to a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician role
Closing date: 27 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 May 2022
08 Nov 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Using dispensary and stores computer systems to generate stock lists and labels
- Helping to maintain reasonable dispensary stock levels
- Ordering items for use within a department
- Receiving, loading, unloading incoming goods from wholesalers, manufacturers and elsewhere
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Answering queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where this is within their competence
- Responding to telephone and face to face enquiries of a routine nature from patients, their representatives, members of the public and a wide range of staff groups, either in a pharmacy or in a ward, and referring queries to the relevant member of the pharmacy team when necessary
- Drawing any problems identified or queries raised to the attention of pharmacists or pharmacy technicians
- Pre-packing, assembling and labelling medicines
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met
Requirements and prospects
- Computer skills useful
- Must also have good communication skills which can be further developed
- The ability to work as a team
- Must be able to forward think and have the desire to learn new skills
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Honest & reliable
- Existing Level 2 Pharmacy Dispensing
- GCSE (or equivalent e.g. Functional Skills) grades C/4 or above to include maths and English
- A successful apprenticeship may lead to a full-time permanent role
Things to consider
- This role may include Saturday work
About the employer
Established Community Pharmacy business based in the West Midlands providing pharmaceutical services.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Walsall College - Wisemore Campus
Emma Worth 01922 688638 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Pharmacy Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- General Pharmaceutical Council Level: 3
- Weekly release at our Walsall Campus - 1 day per week (term time only) - Currently being held virtually (subject to change)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Full time apprentices will typically spend 24 months on-programme (before the gateway) working towards the occupational standard, with a minimum of 20% off the-job training.
The purpose of the end point assessment (EPA) is to test that an apprentice is fully capable of doing their job before they receive their apprenticeship certificate. It also helps to demonstrate that what an apprentice has learned can be applied in the real world.
The focus is now on the outcome of an apprenticeship and apprentices have to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours that employers have identified they need.
Pharmacy technician (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.