Mechanical Engineering Apprentice Vogal Group Ltd
To complete a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship with the Vogal Group including Functional Skills in maths and English as required. The training will include the development of mechanical skills and knowledge alongside welding and fabrication.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2022
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2022
05 Nov 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
A mechanical Apprentice within the Vogal Group with the aim of becoming a skilled engineer which is a stepping stone towards potentially progressing into a junior management role within the business.
The Apprentice will immediately report to a Supervisor and then to a Contract Manager / Director.
The Apprentice's responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring their own health and safety and that of others
- To carry out their duties to their best ability and as directed by peers
- To travel to and from site/s punctually and stay away from home as required
- To attend training as directed and develop the necessary skills both offsite and onsite, learning from peers
- To undertake job/tasks safely and in an efficient and effective manner
- To listen/adhere to instructions given and to confirm understanding of these
The role will specifically include the following activities:
- Undertake the removal/installation of plant and equipment using fitting skills
- Undertake plasma cutting/grinding of various materials and/or components
- Assembly of machinery and equipment using hand skills
- Undertake welding (TIG) of various materials (brackets etc.) and machinery (i.e. guards, legs etc.)
- Carry out some maintenance duties
Requirements and prospects
- It is not essential to have already acquired any skills or qualifications in this sector of industry although these would be advantageous to individuals applying for this role
- Good communication and listening skills alongside the ability to solve problems
- A propensity for practically based tasks with good coordination skills
- Must hold full driving licence and be able to drive to different site locations
- The ability and willingness to learn from other skilled professionals
- It is necessary to be punctual, honest and hardworking as well as sensible in a working environment
- GCSE maths and English at grade C/4 and above or equivalents is desired but applicants who are willing to achieve this and meet other recruitment criteria will be considered
- The opportunity to move into a supervisor role leading to a role in Contract Management
Things to consider
- You may be required to work away from your base location as required due to the nature of the engineering projects for clients across the UK
About the employer
Vogal Group engage in Engineering Project Management including Electrical, Mechanical, Maintenance and Fabrication and Welding Engineering on behalf of clients throughout the UK.
At Vogal, they have amassed almost forty years of experience in the engineering sector, during which they have honed their skills and expertise as a high quality and trusted mechanical and electrical service provider.
They use both dedicated third party hardware and PLC/PC systems to offer an extensive range of services, including the complete design, build and installation of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
Vogal also undertake projects linked to planned preventative maintenance, equipment installation and relocation as well as offering breakdown services.
Additional location information
Vogal Group Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vogal Group Ltd
Sylvia Roberts Law 01733 380929 firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard:
- Training will be provided to develop each individual with a broad range of skills in mechanical engineering and knowledge alongside welding and fabrication
- The training will be carried out at the Vogal Training Centre and will include Functional Skills in maths and English as required
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.